PDA

View Full Version : Windshield sealant??

ExoticAutoDetai
03-13-2011, 05:09 AM
Is there any other sealant that repells water other than the nanolotus?

Exotic Auto Detail via tapatalk

Matt
03-13-2011, 05:26 AM
Aquapel.

You could use Rain-x but it will not be as durable as Aquapel.

evojoey
03-13-2011, 05:35 AM
I use Megs ultimate quick wax with good results on glass

BobbyG
03-13-2011, 05:36 AM
I use this on all my vehicles and it not only survived this past winter it's been on 6 months and still going strong.

Aquapel Glass Treatment

Aquapel Glass Treatment, Rain Repellent, glass sealant, windshield protectant, Aqua-pel glass wipe (http://www.autogeek.net/rain-repellent.html)

PAR Detailing
03-13-2011, 06:40 AM
I have Gtechniq G1 on mine and my girlfriends car. It is amazing. Its been on for a month or so and shows no signs of deteriorating. It is touted to last up to 2 years.

BillyJack
03-13-2011, 07:51 AM
I'm a long time RainX user. I enjoy not using my wipers, but it needs very regular applications to be effective. Does an Aquapel-treated windshield shed water as well as a fresh RainX job?

Bill

BobbyG
03-13-2011, 07:59 AM
I'm a long time RainX user. I enjoy not using my wipers, but it needs very regular applications to be effective. Does an Aquapel-treated windshield shed water as well as a fresh RainX job?

Bill

Yes it does and quite well Ii might add.

ScottB
03-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Aquapel indeed .... lasts quite awhile, easy to apply and remove "if" you follow directions, and looks much better in rain versus Rain-X.

XLNTShine
03-13-2011, 10:04 AM
I have to say that Rain-X needs a monthly application and seems to be hard on wiper blades. I no longer use Rain-x and have been using Aquapel. Aquapel needs a little more speed to shed the water then Rain-X but the Aquapel seems to be holding up, going on 8 months on the truck and months on the car! Its great when applied to a NEW windshield!! I also have been looking at a windshield teatment from a company called Nanosafeguard.. google it. :xyxthumbs: