PDA

View Full Version : how much would you charge for this???

Pages : [1] 2

jamores23
03-12-2011, 09:09 PM
how much would you guys charge for a wash, clay, wax, dress tires, clean windows. no interior at all! ??

jamores23
03-12-2011, 09:15 PM
and also how much would you charge to do interior only including cleaning/conditioning leather seats , clean all trim and dress, and vacuum and take out some stains on the carpets??

slickooz
03-12-2011, 09:24 PM
What kind of car is it?

RTexasF
03-12-2011, 09:53 PM
A VW Bug or a Suburban?

Kristopher1129
03-12-2011, 10:31 PM
$79-$99 is my prices for a wash & wax. Full interiors for me are anywhere from $99 (2 seater sports car) to $135 (full size SUV).

slickooz
03-12-2011, 11:15 PM
80-100 does it include claying whole car?? wheels/tires/well.. door jams, window in and out? and vacuum?

Kristopher1129
03-12-2011, 11:24 PM
80-100 does it include claying whole car?? wheels/tires/well.. door jams, window in and out? and vacuum?

My Wash & Wax includes a wash, clay (whole vehicle), wax, jambs. I clean the rims, but don't get too detailed. No tire shine or nothing either. It's mainly aimed to just protect the paint. I do nothing to the inside on that service. It's a quick in and out service for me. Bada bing bada boom! lol

jamores23
03-13-2011, 08:52 AM
its a bmw 328 i 2011 i charged him 75 bucks but he bought me lunch too :) but hes also bringing me 2 other cars. I feel i should have charged $100 but he's a good friend and he gets me clientele . the car looked very nice i will post up some shots of it. I didnt have to do interior though. CLAYING a WHOLE car takes pretty long lol. if you use wolfgang instant detailer while claying is it necessary to re wash the car before applying the lsp ?
Also i have another client that im going to do a AIO using d151. wash, clay, 151, wax, interior plus leather cleaning and dressing. how much would you charge for this?

ShaunD
03-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Not to start my own topic on jamores23's thread, but, I was wondering.. When you guys say that you clay a car along with a wash/wax package, are you claying the whole vehicle every time? Or are you just spot claying the really dirty/bad areas? Because it does take awhile to properly clay a vehicle sometimes, the prices I see quoted for a wash, clay, wax/aio, seems low in some instances. I have been quoting around $60-$75 for a wash/wax. Just trying to get business started right now.:)

jamores23
03-13-2011, 09:55 AM
??

Kristopher1129
03-13-2011, 11:58 AM
How long are you guys spending on clay? I don't get why people think this takes so long. I do it every single day, and I've never found it to be a lengthy process.

I mean unless you're dealing with over spray or something like that...then I can see. But an average daily driver doesn't take that long IME.

ShaunD
03-13-2011, 12:34 PM
I am just too anal when it comes to claying like if I miss a spot it will ruin the whole car.lol:) I know I need to speed it up and not dwell over it so much. I do try to focus on the lower half of the vehicle as that is where a lot of things like to stick like brake dust and tar/road spray. Plus that is the area most over looked IMO. So what would be your price for just claying a car, after washing, of course? I try to go off of what I want to make an hour but feel it fair to up my hourly rate when a job is more in depth. Maybe I should just stick with a higher hourly rate so people don't question a change in hourly rate.?...

Kristopher1129
03-13-2011, 12:45 PM
I am just too anal when it comes to claying like if I miss a spot it will ruin the whole car.lol:) I know I need to speed it up and not dwell over it so much. I do try to focus on the lower half of the vehicle as that is where a lot of things like to stick like brake dust and tar/road spray. Plus that is the area most over looked IMO. So what would be your price for just claying a car, after washing, of course? I try to go off of what I want to make an hour but feel it fair to up my hourly rate when a job is more in depth. Maybe I should just stick with a higher hourly rate so people don't question a change in hourly rate.?...

Everybody has their own way of running a business. For me, I don't like having customers come in to just get a wash, or a wash & clay. I'm like this with everything. For example...if someone comes in, and they just wanted a wash & clay...I would probably say $75. Then of course, they would say...well I can just get a wash, clay, wax, and jambs for $99! Why would I just get a wash & clay? And I would say...I agree, you should just get the Wash & Wax, ha. It usually works. I end up with a little more work, but I make a few more bucks and the customer thinks they outsmarted me. But in reality, it's my high quote that pervoked them to step up the service to begin with.

Just like with my full interior, or exterior prices. My package deals are more for your money. If the customer wants to go outside my packages...they can, but it's more cost in the long run. :dblthumb2:

Of course maneuvers like this are hard to pull off if your not already an established business. If you've got the work coming in regardless, the rules change. Where as in the beginning, you kind of have to just give the customer what they want. Some people take the route of just under charging to bring in work. I disagree with this method. Just remember, whatever you charge somebody...they're gonna want that price every time. It can become a headache!

jamores23
03-13-2011, 01:05 PM
When you clay bar the car and use a quick detailer as a clay lube should you should wash the car or can you apply the lsp without a wash?

buddhadog
03-13-2011, 01:15 PM
For a simple clay and wax I charge 65.00. If the wheels are thrashed the price goes up .