PDA

View Full Version : New favorite combo---ONR + OID

Shawn T.
03-12-2011, 08:44 PM
So, I got an order of some stuff this weekend which included a gallon of ONR. So, I figured I should give it a shot one more time. I wasn't a fan the first time I used it. But, I used proper technique this time and followed it with OID and achieved awesome results.

Tires and wells were dressed with Hyper Dressing at 2:1.

ENJOY!

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1765/medium/IMG_03602.JPG

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1765/medium/IMG_03622.JPG

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1765/medium/IMG_03612.JPG

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1765/medium/IMG_03641.JPG

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1765/medium/IMG_03631.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Chris Thomas
03-12-2011, 09:23 PM
That's great Shawn I think ONR made me like to wash my car.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

Kristopher1129
03-13-2011, 12:45 AM
I didn't think I was going to like ONR when I bought it. I love the stuff now though. Not so much to wash a vehicle though. I really like it as a waterless wash. I use it to wipe the vehicle down before polishing. I've also noticed that it does a fantastic job on windows...never would have thought that. I also use it on door jambs. It's just one of those products that does a little bit of everything! :dblthumb2:

bluegoose
03-13-2011, 01:05 AM
ONR is awesome stuff for sure but what's OID? Again, can't say enuff good stuff about ONR, it's simply one of the most versatile cleaning products out there. I use it for washing, clay lube and QD. //bluegoose//

Sunshyne
03-13-2011, 02:11 AM
what is ONR? can a brother get some details :)

c5z06camaro
03-13-2011, 03:14 AM

Optimum no rinse.

silverfox
03-13-2011, 05:23 AM
It's only a matter of time before people realize how easy life becomes when you perfect the technique if rinseless washing. I boxed my foam gun a long time ago and only do conventional washing only if the car is beyond normal dirty and that is very rare. People who swear that nothing can be as good as a conventional wash are speaking from the past. Unless your car is a weekend swamp buggy you can wash safely with a rinseless wash but the key is learning proper technique as with all things. It's so versatile...detail spray, clay lube, glass cleaner... I think it has changed car care as much as machine polishing has. I can wash, clay lube, and detail spray without getting out buying separateproducts. In my opinion ONR and DP rinseless wash products are revolutionary and they should sell it in five gallon containers.

BobbyG
03-13-2011, 05:38 AM
I was probably the worlds biggest skeptic but after trying this product I was pleasantly surprised how nice it performed.....

OID???
OCD???

This is why I don't use acronyms....

CEE DOG
03-13-2011, 10:09 AM
ONR is awesome stuff for sure but what's OID? Again, can't say enuff good stuff about ONR, it's simply one of the most versatile cleaning products out there. I use it for washing, clay lube and QD. //bluegoose//

OID is Optimum Instant Detailer

ONR is Optimum No Rinse

It is a no rinse wash solution that can be used to safely wash your car as long as you dont have dirt buildup or bonded dirt on your paint.

Shawn T.
03-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks guys! I really like this combo now! I think OID is my new favorite instant detailer. It really gives a slick, glossy finish that wipes streak free.

ONR can be used with bonded dirt. It just requires a little different technique and experimentation but it can be done safely. Also, for very heavy dirt you can also pre-wet the panel with a waterless wash that will begin to lift much of the dirt off the panel and then the ONR/wash media combo will take care of taking it away from the paint. Yes, this does require some trial and error but after trying it several times, it can be done.

builthatch
03-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks guys! I really like this combo now! I think OID is my new favorite instant detailer. It really gives a slick, glossy finish that wipes streak free.

ONR can be used with bonded dirt. It just requires a little different technique and experimentation but it can be done safely. Also, for very heavy dirt you can also pre-wet the panel with a waterless wash that will begin to lift much of the dirt off the panel and then the ONR/wash media combo will take care of taking it away from the paint. Yes, this does require some trial and error but after trying it several times, it can be done.

i use pre-mixed ONR to pre-treat. i have it in a spray bottle and walk around the car and hit the wheels and lower panels. currently the mix i'm using is about half the strength of the ONR instant detailer dilution, 1oz per 32oz.

but yeah, you can use Opti-Clean no problem to pre-treat.

i have to add that the 8th gen civic has INCREDIBLY soft paint so if you are getting away with ONR, anyone can!

Josh@BR
03-13-2011, 05:23 PM
I was probably the worlds biggest skeptic but after trying this product I was pleasantly surprised how nice it performed.....

OID???
OCD???

This is why I don't use acronyms....

I agree. I cant stand when people use acronyms like everyone is familiar with every product out there.

Shawn T.
03-13-2011, 07:05 PM
i use pre-mixed ONR to pre-treat. i have it in a spray bottle and walk around the car and hit the wheels and lower panels. currently the mix i'm using is about half the strength of the ONR instant detailer dilution, 1oz per 32oz.

but yeah, you can use Opti-Clean no problem to pre-treat.

i have to add that the 8th gen civic has INCREDIBLY soft paint so if you are getting away with ONR, anyone can!

Incredibly soft is an understatement in my honest opinion. Anything puts marks into this paint which is why I am quite careful when it comes to rinseless washing. I have yet to polish this car with anything since the day it was bought about 8 months ago.

Proper maintenance = longer time between details.

I agree. I cant stand when people use acronyms like everyone is familiar with every product out there.

Sorry. I just didn't want to write out the long names lol. It takes a long time to learn and remember all the acronyms and I still don't know a lot of them. Just ask and someone will tell you :xyxthumbs:

dublifecrisis
03-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Try a mix of ONR QD mixed with predilluted OID! I use it a lot for door jams, trunk crevices etc... same ONR cleaning ability with a slick glossy surface. Also good as a QD. for when OID gets streaky.

Black Car
03-13-2011, 08:16 PM
that's great that you gave it another shot. i really love my ONR. Sometimes when i dry and the drying towel isn't super dry i will get water spots but i don't worry about it since i always wax after. I just got some Opti-clean 2 weeks ago and i'm very impressed with it. The thing i love about the ONR though is that i can hit the wheels with the leftover water to rinse off whatever i pretreated them with.