PDA

View Full Version : spring is slow getting here

PA DETAILER
03-10-2011, 08:48 AM
in PA. took a weeks vacation this week and every day except tuesday was crappy. cold/sleet/snow/rain. at least tuesday gave me a chance to try 845! and against my better judgement, i moved all my chemicals out to the garage last saturday. a ritural every spring. from the house to the garage (attched/unheated). i am sure next week will be beautiful..lol. feels good tho to take a step back from the rat race this week. :xyxthumbs:

BobbyG
03-10-2011, 08:58 AM
in PA. took a weeks vacation this week and every day except tuesday was crappy. cold/sleet/snow/rain. at least tuesday gave me a chance to try 845! and against my better judgement, i moved all my chemicals out to the garage last saturday. a ritural every spring. from the house to the garage (attched/unheated). i am sure next week will be beautiful..lol. feels good tho to take a step back from the rat race this week. :xyxthumbs:

Only others that live in the North can share this feeling. The winters and cold weather can take its toll and when the temp gets just above freezing I'm as anxious as you to get things going...

I like you bring in all my chemicals regardless of popular opinion. it's my hard earned money that paid for them and unfortunately I've learned the hard way and have had to throw damaged product away because of freezing.

SeaJay's
03-10-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm in the same boat as Bobby and you. I bring all my products inside from my unheated garage. I have yet to bring them all back out though. We are still having some really cold nights. But next couple of weeks I should be able to get everything back out there.

BobbyG
03-10-2011, 09:19 AM
We are still having some really cold nights. But next couple of weeks I should be able to get everything back out there.

I was thinking the same thing Jason, another couple of weeks and we "should" be all set...

termigator
03-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Are polishes also affected by freezing temps? I keep my waxes in the laundry room just in case for those couple of times when we're supposed to cover up plants because of a "freezing" night, but I don't do it with my polishes.

BobbyG
03-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Are polishes also affected by freezing temps? I keep my waxes in the laundry room just in case for those couple of times when we're supposed to cover up plants because of a "freezing" night, but I don't do it with my polishes.

I'm not a chemist or enough of an authority to say definitively but what I can tell you is I have lost products due to freezing which rendered them useless. This is akin to taking that wad of cash in your pocket and tossing it into the camp fire...

If it touches the finish bring it in.....

SeaJay's
03-10-2011, 09:46 AM
I have to agree with Bobby. If your asking then your probably concerned enough to not want to loose the product. Safe insurance is to bring it in.

Showroom Shine
03-10-2011, 12:05 PM
I am in agreement with you all about this weather. I've had enough winter to last me a lifetime. They are talking 2" to 10" of snow here this weekend. Sheeese! I have all my detailing supplies ready to go back outside and in the detail truck. Not this week.
Did an interior detail on a Honda Oddessey Van Tuesday here in Ohio. It is still a bit cool for outside detailing. But it was good way to get my fix. Actually the season is underway here,even though the weather is not working for us. Come on spring!
See if we can get Old Man Winter and Mother Nature to make a kid, called Spring!

Kristopher1129
03-10-2011, 02:29 PM
I just spend the night at my shop and cuddle all my products. You know, just to make sure they don't freeze, haha. :dblthumb2:

SeaJay's
03-10-2011, 02:33 PM
I just spend the night at my shop and cuddle all my products. You know, just to make sure they don't freeze, haha. :dblthumb2:

Doesn't that cut into "cuddle time" with the gf? HAHA!