PDA

View Full Version : How long 'should' it take to do various steps?

newb001
03-09-2011, 11:09 AM
I know this is hard to answer and that I'm going to get a wide range from people, and people will say it 'takes as long as it takes', etc... Nonetheless, I'd like to know how long it takes you to do the following (all done by hand) on a small SUV:

Wash (foam with Gilmour foam gun, let dwell for a bit, rinse, foam, wash, rinse) & Dry [please don't include time to do tires, engine bay, etc... just a 'regular' wash only]

Wash (ONR)

KAIO

AG SRP

Menzerna PL

Thanks!

p.s. I won't necessarily be doing all the steps above (i.e. just KAIO or SRP), just want to get an idea for the various times for each.

AeroCleanse
03-09-2011, 11:49 AM
ONR wash 30min

SeaJay's
03-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Wash - with foam gun and drying - I use a leaf blower to blow most of the water off and then dry with a HD guzzler. So that cuts my time down. Roughly 45 minutes.

ONR - On a small SUV probably 30-45 minutes

KAIO - Depending on how bad the car is could be any where from an hour to two hours.

845 - Probably about 10-15 minutes to apply by hand and then additional 20-30 minutes to remove.

Haven't used the others so can't give you an idea on those.

These are estimates for me. Like you said it depends on the person, how dirty the car is and how much time I have. If I have all day for one car then I take my time.

newb001
03-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the info so far! I forgot to add in a claying step as well...

SeaJay's
03-09-2011, 12:44 PM
I was going to post about claying but you didn't ask so I didn't answer.

This one can really vary depending on how contaminated the vehicle is. This step can take me any where from 45 minutes to and hour and half. Small SUV though your probably talking about 45-60 minutes.