PDA

View Full Version : Tornador chemical range?

CCC4me
03-08-2011, 10:02 PM
I've been playing with my AG Tornador for the last couple weeks and see many uses for it both in and out of the realm of auto detailing. My question is if it will withstand further extremes on the PH range than found in the normal car products. For example:

-Bases: I custom mix a solution using caustic soda for heavy tile and grout cleaning. Don't know the exact PH, but let's just say I mix it a bit hot!

-Acids: Beyond the "stronger" wheel acids we may use, what about aluminum brightener (Hydroflouric acid) or Oxalic acid (excellent on rust).

I'm well aware of the general safety cautions with these chemicals since I've been using them for some time. Just wondering if the Tornador will hold up to them?

CCC4me
03-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Let me try this another way:

What's the strongest chem you've run through your Tornador without issue?

Anybody had issues from using something too strong?

Kristopher1129
03-17-2011, 12:21 AM
I was going to respond to this when you originally posted it. I was gonna ask why on earth you would want to run such strong chemicals through the Tornador?

But now that nobody has said anything...I guess it's fitting, ha. So why would you wanna do that?

I use my Tornador for dressing, and a cleaner tool. That's it. I also flip it to air, and fluff carpets or mats after extraction. That's about it for me. :xyxthumbs: