PDA

View Full Version : Best microfiber drying towel

Pages : [1] 2

mistermike3
03-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Hey guys,

Just wondering what the best mf drying towel is out there right now?

Thanks,

Michael

WRAPT C5Z06
03-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Mothers.

Sent using Tapatalk

SeaJay's
03-08-2011, 03:04 PM
I currently use the cobra HD guzzlers.

Spicy McHaggis
03-08-2011, 03:08 PM
There is no BEST anything out there. There are tons of good products that all give great results. My favorite drying towel right now is the Pakshak WW drying towel.

silverfox
03-08-2011, 03:12 PM
My favorite was the Cobra HD Guzzler ....till I tried Mother's Ulltra Soft Drying Towel...both rock.

James K
03-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Mothers drying towel is my favorite out of the ones I have tried.

ExoticAutoDetai
03-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Mothers drying towel is my favorite out of the ones I have tried.
You know I stop by auto parts today an saw those mother towels and they feel amazing n not that expensive

Exotic Auto Detail via tapatalk

ExoticAutoDetai
03-08-2011, 03:29 PM
By the way is using an absorber towel is bad to dry a car? They seem pretty good to take off the water

Old Tiger
03-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Mothers.

Sent using Tapatalk
100% agree! The foam core Performance Drying Towel is my All Time Favorite. The HD Guzzler is No. 2.

builthatch
03-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Agree totally on the Mothers. It smokes everything else I've tried, including the Cobra HD. Totally different level of towel. I still use Cobra HDs to follow up and buff if using Optimum spray wax or Optimum Instant Detailer after drying.

By the way is using an absorber towel is bad to dry a car? They seem pretty good to take off the water

depends. i doesn't deal well with any sort of contamination. meaning, if there is light dust on the surface, it will drag it, whereas a MF drying towel has pockets to "corral" such things and keep them from grinding into the paint. i guess you could blot, but that would take forever. also, you can't use an absorber with an instant detailer, post-wash, or spray wax.

they are ok, but barely adequate in my opinion considering things like the Mother's towel are on the market. i used to have one for my wife to use on her car when she washed it, since it wasn't as susceptible to getting as dirty as the MFs (ie don't require washing), but it really can induce marring pretty easily. it was an attempt at replacing the leather chamois, which in itself is incredibly old technology.

ExoticAutoDetai
03-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Thanks built you have a Honda hatch?

c5z06camaro
03-08-2011, 03:40 PM
cobra hd guzzler.hmmm seems like the mothers drying towel is good,from what im seeing. Im going to get me some.

billbillw
03-08-2011, 04:43 PM

I still like to use my Absorber. I've had it for 10 years+ and it still pulls more water off faster than just about anything else. It may be more susceptible to scratching if you don't keep it clean. It is also probably not the best for final drying/detailing. I usually just drag it once over the entire vehicle to get the majority of water off, then follow up with softer microfiber for the final drying.

I tried the Cobra products alone, but they just didn't hold enough water and once they were soaked, they didn't dry nearly as well. Absorber, then Cobra works well. Might need to try the Mothers next time I'm at the store.

Emm
03-08-2011, 05:09 PM
I just got 2 Pakshak drying towels, I haven't tried them yet but have read good reviews.

CleanGene
03-08-2011, 05:11 PM
I like the Monster Extreme Thicknous by Chemical Guys.