PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Products - Order of Usage (PB's White Diamond)

ryanbabz71
03-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Sorry for the dumb question to start. Since it is starting to get warmer and soon there will hopefully be no chance of snow so I will be clay baring both of our vehicles (Silver truck and Tahoe).

I plan on 1st applying DP poli coat, followed by nattys (or collinite 845 maybe on 1 of the vehicles).

When would you apply poorboys white diamond in this process?

Thanks!

BobbyG
03-08-2011, 12:19 PM
After your finished claying and before you apply DP Poli-Coat.

"Poorboy’s World White Diamond Show Glaze for Light Vehicles contains gentle cleaners to lift dirt and oil out of fine swirls. By cleaning the swirls, they appear less noticeable. Fillers then conceal the swirls to create the illusion of perfectly smooth paint. Once a wax or sealant is applied, your vehicle will look flawless!"

Once the sealant has cured overnight in a dry environment apply a coat of either wax you mentioned.

Mike Phillips
03-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Hy Ryan,

BobbyG is correct.

Not that it matters, how are you doing your work? By hand or machine and if by machine which type?

:)

BobbyG
03-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Hey Ryan,

I forgot to mention one thing....

The only dumb question is the one that's not asked.... :props:

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
03-08-2011, 04:48 PM
It goes after you are done polishing/correcting and before your LSP

CleanGene
03-08-2011, 05:22 PM
:iagree: White Diamond is a glaze and should be applied before your sealant. This will lock it in.

ryanbabz71
03-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks guys, I have had the white diamond since last summer and never used it. I heard it is a pretty good product so I thought I would try it out.

I will most likely use my Cyclo for the large areas and for the areas it doesnt fit I am going to do it by hand (door frames, back part of cab, etc)

Thanks again!

ryanbabz71
03-09-2011, 11:55 AM
One other question, just curious but how long would you let the white diamond cure before putting on DP Poli-coat?

ryanbabz71
03-12-2011, 06:04 AM
Worked on 1 vehicle last night

Step 1. Wash - ONR
Step 2. Clay bar (see photo of after, nasty stuff)
Step 3. PoorBoys Polish
Step 4. Poorboys White Diamond
Step 5. DP Poli-coat

Step 6. not yet done waiting for policoat to cure then going to apply a coat of collinite 845 wax

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/uploads/monthly_03_2011/post-56-1299907277_thumb.jpg

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/uploads/monthly_03_2011/post-56-1299907223_thumb.jpg

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/uploads/monthly_03_2011/post-56-1299907177_thumb.jpg

RTexasF
03-12-2011, 07:24 AM
One other question, just curious but how long would you let the white diamond cure before putting on DP Poli-coat?

From Steve (Poorboy):

There is no cure time for White Diamond or Black Hole , you can apply these more than once but I wouldn't exactly call it layering even though the shine will get deeper and it may hide a little more with each application.

Here's a writeup I did @ Detail City............

In October I won the Poorboy's give away and chose White Diamond Glaze. There are no pictures so get over it, I don't have the skills or the camera to show the before/after difference so I will simply describe it.

My car's paint is called Blizzard White Pearl and it was in need of a full machine polish. Due to illness, long term company,Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other things I was just not in the mood to deal with it. Enter White Diamond........

Initially I chose Klasse AIO (it was at hand) to chemically clean the hood and prepare it for the Poorboy's product. The sun was not beneficial to scoping out the hood so I used halogen lights and a Brinkmann gun to look at the hood after the AIO. It was quite the mess......a zillion little marks from using QD's and haphazard washing over the calender year....my fault. As you get older you get lazier, sorry. I applied the White Diamond, let it take a set, and wiped it down with a quality microfiber towel. Then I went back on the "find the marring" trail with the halogens and the Brinkmann. Guess what? They were 90% disguised! I hit it again with WD, gave it a few minutes, and wiped it down. HMMMM, a bit more improvement. I'd say 95% were hidden now. I was elated! What a deep wet shine, WOW.

I went over the hood with Ultima Paint Guard Plus to lock in the Poorboys's White Diamond and retired for the day. The next morning I broke out the halogen & Brinkmann again to give it the once over with the old eyeballs. The look was simply spectacular! I give the vast majority of the credit to the White Diamond and the UPGP sealed it in offering a tad more shine and slickness.

In short I consider the White Diamond Glaze a superior product. The results were so phenomenal that I can't wait to use it after a full machine polish to bring the surface to its full brilliance. This did so well on a "not so hot" surface that the results on a correctly prepped surface will be nothing short of totally amazing. I can, and indeed do, recommend this product.

Thank you Steve for the product, both in the fact that I won it, and that it's so damned good! Impressed I am, yes (in Yoda voice).
All was done by hand this go 'round.

ryanbabz71
03-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks!

Here are some day light pics after applying the collinite today :)

I also used some of the diamondite products on the windows (clay and the glassworks). This stuff worked really well!

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/uploads/monthly_03_2011/post-56-1299958035_thumb.jpg

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/uploads/monthly_03_2011/post-56-1299958085_thumb.jpg