PDA

View Full Version : Grit Guard Question and AW

Pages : [1] 2

ltoman
12-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Hi guys,
Ok, I want to order a Grit Guard but I do not want to order the whole $70 set-up- what are the sizes of the inserts themselves? I can't find it on the description.

I have a couple of buckets from Wally World - I think they are under fivegallons, and I want one to put in there.

Suggestions on which one to get?

Red, blue - I don't know... do they have various sizes? I looked through all the stuff, and I still can't figure it out... maybe it's a blonde thing...:confused: :confused:

Also, where are you guys finding the big sizes of The DG AW? I can't find it and I looked through bulk, etc. -- suggestions??
Thanks,
Lauren Feed back please Thank you!

trl2112
12-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi Lauren,

I believe the Grit Guards are all designed to fit a 5 gallon bucket, although I am not 100% I do not own one. You can locate the larger DG AW at the bottom of this page, it comes in 128oz.
http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-aquawax--951.html

Waxmax
12-26-2006, 05:33 PM
I have a blue Grit Guard and it fits a 3 gallon bucket. Might be best to call and talk to some one.

trl2112
12-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Yes, I meant the circumference of a 5’er.

ScottB
12-26-2006, 05:40 PM
designed for 5 gallon buckets originally, but fit many smaller wider buckets now. Different colors are just that, different colors.

Have you used the AW yet Lauren ?? If not, I highly suggest the 921 instead.

ltoman
12-26-2006, 06:44 PM
designed for 5 gallon buckets originally, but fit many smaller wider buckets now. Different colors are just that, different colors.

Have you used the AW yet Lauren ?? If not, I highly suggest the 921 instead.

yes, i have. i really like the aw, but i am up for trying 921. tellme why you suggest that, please!:cheers:

Whitethunder46
12-26-2006, 06:52 PM
I just read about #921 because I was curious. It looks to be more a spray detailer for cleaning light dust, fingerprints, etc. etc. I think the AW is more of a spray wax for added protection, depth, wax.

ltoman
12-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Yes, I meant the circumference of a 5’er.
Thanks for the link, trl2112!!!:) :applause:

ltoman
12-26-2006, 06:59 PM
I just read about #921 because I was curious. It looks to be more a spray detailer for cleaning light dust, fingerprints, etc. etc. I think the AW is more of a spray wax for added protection, depth, wax.

yah, I have looked thru all the stuff to put an order together. thank you, wt:) !

i am curious to see why scott suggested that, since we both have vettes.:confused:

qadsan
12-26-2006, 07:11 PM
If AG would have had 921 in the gallon sizes, I would have definitely bought a few gallons of it. I'm now always using 921 after every wash, except when I throw on a quick coat of Aquawax and then I'll wait a few hours before using 921, but 921 is now a regular use product for me. It adds more slickness, beauty and the anti-static properties definitely minimize dust from collecting on our vehicles. We live in an equestrian community with horse trails running along our yards and we have an arena in our yard. We have several vehicles we have to keep outside full time and they're always filthy dirty from the dust kicked up by the horses, but 921 absolutely positively keeps our vehicles looking cleaner for longer in 'our' environment.

Jimmie
12-26-2006, 07:28 PM
You shouldn't have to order the whole $70 operation to make the grit guard thing work. When I ordered one (hasn't come yet) there was a link to just the grit guard and a red 5 gal. bucket for $19.99. I think it was under "Shop by Brand"; "Grit Guard". Don't know if we could add dolly later.

ltoman
12-26-2006, 07:32 PM
You shouldn't have to order the whole $70 operation to make the grit guard thing work. When I ordered one (hasn't come yet) there was a link to just the grit guard and a red 5 gal. bucket for $19.99. I think it was under "Shop by Brand"; "Grit Guard". Don't know if we could add dolly later.

thanks jimmie! i will have to take a look!:)

sparkie
12-26-2006, 08:28 PM
:iagree: you hit the nail on the head!

RFulmer
12-26-2006, 09:35 PM
I just measured mine for you. It's 10 and 3/8's inches across.

The first bucket I put it in the GG was loose and would float to the top of my wash water. I had another bucket lying around and it fit just right in it. So, if you get a GG and it doesn't fit in your bucket correctly you may have to carry it to your local hardware store and see if you can find one it fits snuggly in.

Everyone who has seen mine has wanted one.

Russell

sparkie
12-26-2006, 10:55 PM
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1930_1527223

19.99 http://autogeek.net/5gagrguwabu.html