PDA

View Full Version : collinite 845 as a LSP?

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
03-08-2011, 08:36 AM
question. i have a good coat of dp poli sealant currently on the vehicle. its going to be nice today and i am on vacation all week. any problem with topping the ps with the 845? i have read this is the mother of all waxes.

thanks!

SeaJay's
03-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Nope you shouldn't have any issues at all! Go for it!

BobbyG
03-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Be prepared for the WOW factor!! :dblthumb2:

LuxuryMobile
03-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Its great...as long as you don't mind it lasting for 5-6 months! I think you'll be more then happy with it.

PBoy
03-08-2011, 09:27 AM
I think I'm only non-fan of #845 here

It wasn't particularly easy to work with (I'm sure I applied it too thick in the hot humid summer of N.O.) and it wasn't "pretty" enough for me

No denyng its durability however.

PA DETAILER
03-08-2011, 09:28 AM
thanks. ok just about ready to go outside. back from picking up the 845 and the new megs endurance tire spray. areasol. (wanted to try this.) next question. the 845 is like jelley! no way its coming out of the bottle. do i soak it in hot water?

LuxuryMobile
03-08-2011, 09:30 AM
You could set it in warm water. Then give it a good shake and you should be good to go.

PA DETAILER
03-08-2011, 09:40 AM
You could set it in warm water. Then give it a good shake and you should be good to go.

yep. thats doing the trick. i also found a better squeeze top that fits the bottle. well, outside i go.......

BobbyG
03-08-2011, 09:45 AM
I think I'm only non-fan of #845 here

It wasn't particularly easy to work with (I'm sure I applied it too thick in the hot humid summer of N.O.) and it wasn't "pretty" enough for me

No denyng its durability however.

The key to success when applying Collinite 845 is to apply it THIN. I found this nearly impossible to accomplish by hand but when applied with my Porter Cable 7424 and a red Lake Country CCS pad it's a dream! :props:

This method allows you to work it into the paint and make the layer nearly invisible. This guarantees just the right amount of product and an easy buff yielding spectacular results. :props:

DaHen
03-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Don't forget the photographs. Both before & after.
(O, darn. He already left the house and forgot the camera............. lol.)

Dark Knight
03-08-2011, 10:17 AM
I would go for it i really like the durability and shine 845 provides.

dougaross
03-08-2011, 10:32 AM
thanks. ok just about ready to go outside. back from picking up the 845 and the new megs endurance tire spray. areasol. (wanted to try this.) next question. the 845 is like jelley! no way its coming out of the bottle. do i soak it in hot water?
Should be the consistency of milk. warm and shake.

dougaross
03-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Question also posted on another thread. Has anyone polycharged 845IW?

RobZ71LM7
03-08-2011, 01:09 PM
I've always found 845 easy to apply and remove. Even applying by hand and a little too thick it isn't difficult to remove. It's 476S that will bite you if you apply it sloppily.

PA DETAILER
03-08-2011, 01:11 PM
well it was nice to get outside for a change! only nice day this week. i like to try new products when i can. washed and dried as usuall. only had the truck 6 months. new. victory red. sorry i could not take pics. no dc or celll camera.

1. detail king "black out" for the wheel wells and undercarriage. wow! would buy again no problem. nice it can be deluited 50/50. produced a perfect black appereance! no runs. dries perfect.

2. megs new endurance tire shine. areasol. not bad. produced a great black shine. not too shiney. runs a little bit. proabably would not by again. advanced auto brand tire shine (areasol) i found better and cheaper.

3. collinite 845 insulator wax.....is crazy good! :xyxthumbs: used this a lsp on top of dp poli sealant. used a terry cloth pad to apply and a mf to remove. i have used many waxes and this one is really different. applied like butter. applied a thin coat and waitied for it to haze up. removed really easy. no streaking. the finish it provided is really something! looks like a deep red pool of water. truck never looked better. even new. amazing product!