PDA

View Full Version : Exterior scratch help please

JDub
12-26-2006, 03:58 PM
First off, I'm a newbie to the forums, so hello. I recently purchased a 2007 GMC Savana (dark green). A couple days ago I drove up and down a narrow driveway with a variety of shrubs on either side. I could hear them rubbing against the side of the van, but didn't think they would harm the finish. I was wrong. There are a number of very shallow scratches along the lower body panels on both sides of the van, running nearly the entire length of the vehicle. They look like thin, milky rub marks, more than actual scratches (they do not catch my fingernail). Whatever the case, I'm pretty bummed about it and hate to think I've ruined the finish on a brand new vehicle. Any help you all might offer me would be greatly appreciated.

Mike T
12-26-2006, 04:14 PM
A PC and SSR series, XMT series polishes would be a good start. SSR1 and XMT 1 are both mild abrasive polishes. One or two passes should completely remove the scratches.

sparkie
12-26-2006, 04:15 PM
About any compound will take care of that. Welcome to AGonline!

ltoman
12-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Beware tho - once you get those scratches out, youwill likely become addicted.
You ready to order the materials you will need? Because it is not happening by hand.

JDub
12-26-2006, 06:21 PM
Thanks. I figured I'd need more than just elbow grease to resolve this problem, so I've made the investment in the PC/XMT kit.

ltoman
12-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks. I figured I'd need more than just elbow grease to resolve this problem, so I've made the investment in the PC/XMT kit.

excellent choice, imho.