PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845...I'm a believer

Pages : [1] 2 3

sportscarhiatus
03-07-2011, 11:40 PM
So okay... I used 845 for the first time last October. I thought it would be durable, but I had no idea it would be THIS durable. My Civic has been through almost 5 months worth of Iowa winters. I'm talking salt, dirt, mud, crud, you name it, it's been through. I probably took it through 4 auto touchless car washes during those 5 months. That's it... all I did.

So anyways, it's started to be spring here, so snow has turned into rain. We had a good pour today, so I leave work, and I am greeted with this. I had to snap pics right away with my camera phone. I mean, my car was FILTHY... look at the last pic. You can see crud on the car. My guess it's not beading on the sides because gravity is making it slide off... and/or there's dirt on the surface. But I bet if I gave her a good wash, she would still probably bead nice.

Needless to say, kudos to 845. If I'm looking for a sturdy wax for a daily driver, I think I found it. Anyone else seen durability like this? dang... Car was prepped nicely before application of 845 back in October. Is that why it's been this durable? or is that just 845 in a nutshell?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/pookie_wookie/p_00339.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/pookie_wookie/p_00340.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/pookie_wookie/p_00341.jpg

93fox
03-07-2011, 11:49 PM
That sir... Is what collinite 845 is... Its a BEAST!!! ive applied it on two on my cars, shines like crazy if you ask me.. Im still waiting for some rain!!! Tommorow they say there 50% chance of rain so ill see how that thing beads!!!

sportscarhiatus
03-07-2011, 11:51 PM
I also have Collinite 915, the Marque d Elegance one... I should have tried that one too. I heard that's even tougher than 845?!?!?!?!?

Shane731
03-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Check it out: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/32323-collinite-845-rocky-balboa-waxes.html

sportscarhiatus
03-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Check it out: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/32323-collinite-845-rocky-balboa-waxes.html

Hey Shane...funny you mentioned that. I was just reading it... lol. Not sure how bad the weather gets in TN, but here in Iowa, it gets pretty nasty. The fact that it is still beading after about maybe 3 to 4 feet total of snow for the season, plus all the salt and sand the city puts down (and I mean a LOT), plus all the ultra water jets that come from these touchless washes that don't really clean well, I am just FLOORED by how durable this stuff is.

I mean... it's still beading!!! I don't think I've ever ran across a wax this durable. Maybe it's old news to some folks, but for me, this is monumental. Almost 20 years of waxing for me, and almost 20 years of nasty weather...nothing has been able to last more than maybe one snowfall. And now 845 comes along and survives the ENTIRE winter. Wow.

Dr Oldz
03-08-2011, 02:27 AM
I also have Collinite 915, the Marque d Elegance one... I should have tried that one too. I heard that's even tougher than 845?!?!?!?!?

IME it is a bit more durable! I really like the 915 and use it often! It does look a bit different than 845 tho! It has a "deep glow" look to it where I feel 845 has a glossier look! Both are amazingly great looking and durable products!

silverfox
03-08-2011, 05:25 AM
I too put collinite on my car last October. My car still beads like it was just applied. Sorry sealant fans...I'd put collinite up against ANY sealant for durability and longevity. I've not found anything that comes close in all my years waxing cars. I too live in wintery conditions.

BobbyG
03-08-2011, 07:07 AM
I knew you guys would see the light!! :laughing:

Good stuff cheap!! :props:

SeaJay's
03-08-2011, 07:26 AM
It's a great wax for the price and it offers a great shine and glow. I love this stuff and use it for a lot of my details. Especially on cars that are going to be neglected and when I don't have time to let a sealant cure.

BillyJack
03-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Same results here, too. I did my red metallic daily driver in early December and it's still beading, still protecting. This winter in PA, while not the worst we've had, was still fairly harsh, with a lot of road salt. Other things that really impressed me were 845's performance on wheels and glass. When I did have a rare opportunity to wash, ONR was all I needed for clean wheels. This stuff repels brake dust better than anything else I've ever tried. Also, I did my side and rear glass (still using Rain-X on the windshield), and scraping ice was so much easier this winter. I only had one morning all winter when I couldn't open any side window at will.
I'm sure that my curiosity will have my trying different products over the spring and summer just for looks, but it would be a major event if anything was found to compare with Collinite in daily use durability.

Bill

dougaross
03-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Has anyone tried polycharging 845IW?

DejaVu
03-08-2011, 08:23 AM
My collinite is still beading after 6 months. Going that long without detailing is no fun but its nice to have the protection from road salt. Anyone have durability results for summertime with collinite?

sportscarhiatus
03-08-2011, 08:52 AM
WOW...... I had no idea everyone was having this much luck with 845. Sounds like my case was not a fluke... lol. I still want to try 915 next. Too bad winter is already almost done here! darn ;)

I agree with what another poster on this thread said in page 1... 845 or 915 won't be my "beauty" wax for my toy car, but I might have to make it my "daily-driver" wax... or my winter wax for sure. I don't think it looks as good as WGDGPS or Souveran or any high end wax by any means, but it's close enough you know? What you get in durability is a fair trade off.

And no, I don't know how it fairs in durability in the summer, or if anyone has polycharged it.... any one know?

CrownKote
03-08-2011, 10:41 AM
... if anyone has polycharged it

can someone explain what this is please?

dougaross
03-08-2011, 11:19 AM
can someone explain what this is please?

from a website:

"Polycharger CH2 is the Wax Booster prescription for solvent based liquid waxes, including most paint sealants. This product works with most popular consumer brand products, including Meguiar's and Mothers, and boutique car wax products from brands like Griot's Garage, Pinnacle, SmartWax and Wolfgang.

Polycharger effectively increases car wax protection (length and level) by 400% or more. When properly maintained by regular washing, paint protected by a Polycharger boosted car wax will retain their shine and protection for twenty weeks or more. Comparatively, most car wax finishes loose water beading, shine and slickness after only four to six washes."

There is also a version for water based products

Approximate cost $40.00