PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Swirl Remover question plus extra questions

Nate
03-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Hello,

So I detailed my new Subaru Forester ofcourse coming from the dealership it was full of swirls (Complained to Subaru Corporate pretty much what they said is dont bother us talk to your dealership) . Ive always used Wolfgang products with my previous cars and decide to use the swirl remover, finishing glaze, Portacable Orange White and Red foam pads and DGPS to finish it off. I followed Mikes instuctions from the videos by the book. I also kept a small notebook and wrote down some notes from the videos so that I wouldnt forget. Decide to work on the hood only since this was my first time to use a DA polisher. Long story short the hood looked great! but ive got some quesions and ill break it down.

1. I noticed after using the WG Swirl remover it was pretty tough to buff/wipe of with a microfiber cloth this took majority on my time aside from claying. (Did I use too much swirl remover? wrong techinique?)

2. Although I saw a great improvement from before ill still see some swirls but more like cobb webs (Do I have to go through the whole process again or try to do one more pass with the finishing glaze and white pad?

Nate
03-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Another question sorry forgot.

I noticed during and after the whole process. There was a static on the hood and on the microfiber towels. Is this normal? The following day pollen was attracted to the static and there was this thin film of pollen on the hood.

Bunky
03-07-2011, 07:51 PM
1. You either used too much and did not work it down enough (usually too much polish leads to the second). It should be easy to remove once fully broken down.

One way to determine the polish is apply a very small some to the pad and try to spread it. If you did not put on enough it is easy to correct but adding a little. The goal is just get enough to lightly cover the work area so if you tend to put on heavy go shoot for underestimation and adjust.

2. If you do not get them all, the ones that are left are usually even more obvious at times. You should try to get your test spot right before proceding but if you want to remove them you should have done another pass with the TSR before going to the FG step. There can be a point of diminishing returns on getting them all out.

ScottB
03-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Use the TSR one or two times until all marring is gone, allow the polish to break down and you might only need one application. Then use FG to clean up and amp up gloss and reflection. Use sparingly as offered above.

Nate
03-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Aha! found the answer

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/18017-static-charge-wolfgang-sealant.html

LegacyGT
03-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Friction on the plastic surfaces will cause static. I run into this even if I am wiping microfibers over the plastic surfaces. FK425 is your friend.