PDA

View Full Version : inetrior wood trim.

bambam33
03-07-2011, 07:01 PM
hi guys, i checked real quick to see if anyone has asked this question before and i didn't find it but if someone did already i apologize for asking again.

both my parents have BMWs and basically live in their cars. recently i have noticed that the wood trim pieces are taking a beating. they have slight scratched all over them and and have a bit of a haze to them. is their any way to correct this because it really takes away from the look of the inetrior?

any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks for your time.

dougaross
03-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Treat it if were clear coat. Usually the problem that there is not enough working space. I have had some success with taping and using polishing pal. Megs UC and 205 do a reasonable job.

mcpp66
03-07-2011, 08:29 PM
I tried ScratchX 2.0 but with no luck. I can feel the scratches with my nails so my problem may be that the scratches are just too deep. Before I buy a new wood dash kit, I'm going to get my little Griot's DA and Griot's orange pad and give that a shot. Hopefully you have better luck than I'm having so far. Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

BillE
03-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Only an idea...SOME wood trim is/are 'snapped' over the stock factory trim , not taped or glued.

Maybe give a local BMW dealer a call and see if there are 'popable.'

Bill

Mike Phillips
03-08-2011, 09:49 AM
This question comes up from time to time... the below thread has lots of detailed information about the process you want to undertake, it's worth taking the time to read-through the text to see what's involved with removing scratches out of small, hard to polish components.

Look at the before and after pictures too...

How to Remove Hair line scratches on Wood Trim? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/29615-how-remove-hair-line-scratches-wood-trim.html)

:)