PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Protectant over Black wow?

rvx290
03-07-2011, 11:33 AM
I recently applied black wow to some trim on my f150 and it turned out incredible, However after a couple of washes, it has washed off and looks like it did before I treated it, Would it work to redo the black wow and apply Ultima trim protectant over the black wow?

CEE DOG
03-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Its doubtful that would work out. I assume you are talking about Ultima Trim and Tire Guard. (There is also a product colled Meguiars Ultimate Protectant.)

I did something similar. Take a look..

Here is that test:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/29997-test-uttg-over-pb-tr.html

Of course PoorBoys and Black Wow are different so the only way you know for sure is to try a test spot.

jetwave
03-07-2011, 12:24 PM
I use Meguiars Ultimate Protectant and I washed the car a few times and it still looks good.

Russecu
03-07-2011, 12:25 PM
I would think the Ultima would have bonding issues over black wow. Richard says to apply the black wow could be multiple times before the trim is saturated with the product. Then that is when you will see the lasting effects. If you apply ultima I would clean the trim very well before applying.

rvx290
03-07-2011, 05:56 PM
I would think the Ultima would have bonding issues over black wow. Richard says to apply the black wow could be multiple times before the trim is saturated with the product. Then that is when you will see the lasting effects. If you apply ultima I would clean the trim very well before applying.

I was wondering too if it would have bonding issues with the
UTTG. I never considered applying multiple times, this might be the problem as the plastic trim that I applied the Black Wow to was quite faded, so maybe its the dry sponge effect and just needs to slowly soak it up? I am hoping thats the case, because I was really impressed with the black wow initially, just didnt think it take the finish back to square 1 after a single wash. :dunno: will see what happens after a couple more applications.

Russecu
03-07-2011, 08:43 PM
I would do multiple applications if the trim was faded and dry looking. I do like both products so you should be good either way.