PDA

View Full Version : Makita handle

Pages : [1] 2

slickooz
03-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Is there anyone who has an extra Makita handle that they don't need and is willing to part away with it?

Or where can I buy a handle for my Makita. Do you guys use Makita with handle or without?

PAR Detailing
03-07-2011, 07:05 AM
i had to replace the handle on my 3401 and found ereplacementparts and they have tons of replacement parts for tons of machines. its $10 and then shipping is usually around $5-7

Makita 9227C Parts List and Diagram : eReplacementParts.com (http://www.ereplacementparts.com/makita-9227c-sander-parts-c-97_103_104.html)

master detailer
03-07-2011, 07:54 AM
thats where i get allmy parts also that felx rubber one looks good also

master detailer
03-07-2011, 07:55 AM
also cleaning your buffers will make them last alot longger and run better

Kristopher1129
03-07-2011, 09:50 AM
I think I have a handle that would fit the Makita. It's actually off an old Milwaukee...but I think it fits. If you want it, I got no problem sending it to you. But, just a little warning...it's red, haha.

slickooz
03-07-2011, 10:46 AM
i had to replace the handle on my 3401 and found ereplacementparts and they have tons of replacement parts for tons of machines. its $10 and then shipping is usually around $5-7

Makita 9227C Parts List and Diagram : eReplacementParts.com (http://www.ereplacementparts.com/makita-9227c-sander-parts-c-97_103_104.html)
Thanks! I was hoping it was cheaper. lol

also cleaning your buffers will make them last alot longger and run better
What parts do you clean? I just apc the outside and brush/wipe everything down. I bought it used and it was dirty as hell.

I think I have a handle that would fit the Makita. It's actually off an old Milwaukee...but I think it fits. If you want it, I got no problem sending it to you. But, just a little warning...it's red, haha.
Thanks, maybe we hold off on it for a bit, unless there no one here has an extra one.

So I'm guessing everyone uses their Makita with the handle?

Kristopher1129
03-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks, maybe we hold off on it for a bit, unless there no one here has an extra one.

So I'm guessing everyone uses their Makita with the handle?

I can't imagine anyone using a makita without a handle. You could easily lose control of it. I don't use a handle on my DA...but a rotary, you definitely need it.

slickooz
03-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks just making sure because all the pics I seen with the makita is with a handle.

Anyone has an extra one?!?!? That they don't need I will one off you. :P

slickooz
03-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Now that I think about it I feel kind of stupid for buying a used makita with no handle and backing plate. Any chance anyone can spare me one? or I can buy a used one from you.

A new one on another site was 180 shipped with bp and two wool pads with a duffel bag.

BobbyG
03-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Now that I think about it I feel kind of stupid for buying a used makita with no handle and backing plate. Any chance anyone can spare me one? or I can buy a used one from you.

A new one on another site was 180 shipped with bp and two wool pads with a duffel bag.

Feel stupid, Why?

Now, if you paid $300 for this machine with no handles or backing plates then you might have an argument but the toughest critic here is you, so it's time to give yourself a little break..

I'm assuming that you bought this used? Care to tell us how much you paid for it?

There are a ton of used equipment out there just waiting for a new home and much of it in pristine condition. The idea of buying used is the lower cost. As long as the machine itself works well and the price was right there's noting to feel sad about.

I looked at the line provided and a NEW handle and mounting screws will set you back about $15.00 tops so I suspect that the polisher itself is worth the investment otherwise you wouldn't have bought it..

As a side note: I would never consider using a rotary polisher without a handle but that's just me....

RaskyR1
03-07-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't use a handle with any of my polishers. I think I kept my Makita handle but I'll have to look around for it. ;)

SeaJay's
03-07-2011, 01:38 PM
As a side note: I would never consider using a rotary polisher without a handle but that's just me....

I actually used my new Flex for the first time the other day and I didn't use the handle. The Flex is so light that I was able to easily control it without having a handle on it. And I was working on a vertical panel!

BobbyG
03-07-2011, 01:42 PM
I actually used my new Flex for the first time the other day and I didn't use the handle. The Flex is so light that I was able to easily control it without having a handle on it. And I was working on a vertical panel!

You know, with 6" pads this might work pretty well!! Hey, I'm not against trying something new so I will give it a try...:props:

SeaJay's
03-07-2011, 01:46 PM
You know, with 6" pads this might work pretty well!! Hey, I'm not against trying something new so I will give it a try...:props:

That's what I was using. I actually forgot about the handle that came with it. I had it buried in the Flex bag and didn't even notice it until I put it back. I probably would have used the handle if I had seen it. Now though I may continue to use it without!

slickooz
03-07-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't use a handle with any of my polishers. I think I kept my Makita handle but I'll have to look around for it. ;)

Thanks Rasky! That would be great if you found the extra one. I would love to have it. :dblthumb2:

The new flex pe 14? That machine looks a lot lighter then dewalt and makita.

Feel stupid, Why?

Now, if you paid $300 for this machine with no handles or backing plates then you might have an argument but the toughest critic here is you, so it's time to give yourself a little break..

I'm assuming that you bought this used? Care to tell us how much you paid for it?

There are a ton of used equipment out there just waiting for a new home and much of it in pristine condition. The idea of buying used is the lower cost. As long as the machine itself works well and the price was right there's noting to feel sad about.

I looked at the line provided and a NEW handle and mounting screws will set you back about $15.00 tops so I suspect that the polisher itself is worth the investment otherwise you wouldn't have bought it..

I bought it used for 100, it was a little beat up and was dirty as hell but i cleaned it up and it looks alright now. It also came with a brush for carpet.

Might use it for a while then sell it on ebay and get either a new one or a flex. :)