PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 Issue??

siX 5.0
03-07-2011, 04:50 AM
Wsup all, I recently finished a paint correction on a 1956 Chevy 2-10 Post. Here is my issue. I applied a THIN coat of WG DGPS via PC with a LC red pad (speed set to 3) at approx. 3pm this afternoon. After letting the product set for an hour or so. I wiped the surface clean using a few Cobra Arctic-White MF's, like all ways.. I was left with beautiful shine. Satisfied with my work, I called the customer and told him the vehicle was ready for pick up. It's currently raining here on the San Francisco peninsula. We agreed that tomorrow would work our better since no rain is forecasted. So, I left for the evening. I returned home some hours later, walked out to the garage to admire my work :xyxthumbs: and the WHOLE car is hazy again??? Like I never wiped off the product after applying it. I pick up a clean MF and started to wipe clean. Approx. 20min later, it gets hazy again?? I have repeated this process 3 times with no progress. The WG DGPS being used is about 7 months old and frequently shaken/used. I'm confused on what could be causing this? ANY advise would be greatly appreciated since the car will be returned tomorrow afternoon.

Here is a picture. It's been difficult to capture the haze, but you can kinda see it on the 50/50 to the left side of the image. Trust me it looks terrible in person.
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp52/kcside/IMG_0044.jpg

jpegs13
03-07-2011, 07:14 AM
As you said, it's been raining. It could be a humidity issue. WG DGPS has to avoid moisture for a few hours.

siX 5.0
03-07-2011, 02:55 PM
I wonder? I think I'll be foaming the car with Dawn in a few min...

Dr Oldz
03-07-2011, 05:32 PM
How are you making out? Just curious as to what the temp is or was in the garage?

Dwayne
03-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Definitely the high humidity. Just in the same way that some mornings you can use your windshield wipers to clear the windshield and then a few moments later, moisture accumulates and you have to do it again.

Do you have some fans that you can run to keep the air moving and help the paint surface to remain dry? This should help.

siX 5.0
03-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I sent the car off yesterday, I did not end up washing it. I sprayed the finish with FK425 and it turned out fantastic. I'm not sure on the humidity level here that day. The temp was 57* outside and 65* in the garage. I have read that some members have had issues with humid climates. With this next car I will run a fan. Thank you very much again for the input guys.

Dr Oldz
03-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Glad to hear it turned out ok!