PDA

View Full Version : Under carriage cleaning

Pages : [1] 2

nothelle
03-07-2011, 03:26 AM
Ok, i love the inside of my fender and my undercarriage looking clean, but frequent rain & mud almost make it impossible to do so. Is there actually a product that you can just spray and clean itself (or most of it). I have a nilfisk pressure washer, and it cleanse probably 50% of the dirt, i thought probably there is a soap that can do this without going under the car or have myself going through inside the fender and hurt my arm in the process. thanx

slickooz
03-07-2011, 03:46 AM
I recently just power washed the under carriage. And I think it did a good job. I might try foam cannon the bottom of the car before power washing it.

Matt
03-07-2011, 04:03 AM
I use Meguiar's APC (the green stuff, because it foams where APC+ doesn't foam so much). I spray this on and let it soak before cleaning with a sponge and brush. If you spray it on, let it dwell then power wash off it might get a bit more grime off without touching.

Alternatively, if you have a foaming sprayer it works well to extend the dwell time of the APC. If you want to purchase one, Autogeek sells a high output foaming sprayer.

Big blaster foamer sprayer (http://www.autogeek.net/big-blaster-foamer.html)

You also might want to try Amazing Roll Off as from what I've read it can clean well without agitation (but still better with agitation).

nothelle
03-07-2011, 04:36 AM
No foamer gun for a while, cleanse all my budget on recent acquisition of LSP :D Ok, so APC & Amazing Roll Off get one vote each, any word on P21S lineup?

nothelle
03-07-2011, 05:31 AM
Sorry, scratch previous post, thought it was the gillmore foaming thingy... :D

PA DETAILER
03-07-2011, 06:41 AM
i thought i was the only one that detailed my fender wells..lol i usually clean them with a APC, then follow with a dedicated undercarriage spray. 3 that i know of. groits garage undercarriage spray. chemical guys bare bones (good stuff). and one i am waiting to try. just got a gal. of it. detail king black out. good thing about the black out is it can be cut 50/50 with water, so its getting like 2 gal. it is the lowest price of the 3.

Old Tiger
03-07-2011, 06:53 AM
i thought i was the only one that detailed my fender wells..lol i usually clean them with a APC, then follow with a dedicated undercarriage spray. 3 that i know of. groits garage undercarriage spray. chemical guys bare bones (good stuff). and one i am waiting to try. just got a gal. of it. detail king black out. good thing about the black out is it can be cut 50/50 with water, so its getting like 2 gal. it is the lowest price of the 3.
IMO Megs All Season Dressing aka ASD is better than GG or CG FWIW. Deeper gloss & more durability. It is cheaper than GG too.

James K
03-07-2011, 08:33 AM

I think everyone on this board does their fender wells! LOL.

I use a product that is not sold here to dress them, so I will not bring it up. I use one of four products to clean. The two that are sold here are the Megs APC and Amazing Roll Off. I really like the ARO, and use that quiet often.

nothelle
03-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Kinda miss the point when you have all panels looking sparkling clean but somewhere under the shadow you have dirt like you've been to offroad session :D might be an OCD thing, but yeah i do like my car looking clean all-around, otherwise i won't be looking and posting here, glad we're on the same boat :D

I'll try APC on my next washing session, since it's the only one that i have. thx for the input, really appreciate it

NG008
03-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Chemical guys make a product - Bare Bones that is a "spray and walk away" product for under carriage. Sounds pretty simple to use, not sure on longevity.

Matt
03-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Chemical guys make a product - Bare Bones that is a "spray and walk away" product for under carriage. Sounds pretty simple to use, not sure on longevity.

Go for the Adams undercarriage spray. I have both Barebones and the Adams one and the Adams far outdoes the CG. It looks better and lasts much longer.

slickooz
03-07-2011, 11:34 PM
How are you guys spraying these chemical under the car? I was power washing under carriage of my tsx and it wasn't easy, the car was pretty low.

oldmodman
03-08-2011, 01:53 AM
I recently put my DD Toyota up on my four post lift and pressure washed the under carriage. Then waxed it with my favorite long lasting wax, Collinite 845

My neighbors thought I had finally gone around the bend. "Hey Andy, whatcha doing?" "Just waxing the rear suspension arms and the oil pan"

Matt
03-08-2011, 02:34 AM
How are you guys spraying these chemical under the car? I was power washing under carriage of my tsx and it wasn't easy, the car was pretty low.

Karcher has an under car attachment if you're interested Karcher angled spray lance (http://www.karcher.co.nz/nz/Products/Home__Garden/Accessories.htm?&sdp=ac&pid=26388170&accessoriesGroupName=Spray+lances&pn=Angled+spray+lance&title=Angled+spray+lance&refP=/nz/Products/Home__Garden/Accessories.htm%3F%26accGrNm%3D10011603__Spray%252 0lances)

They also have a flexible spray lance Karcher flexible spray lance (http://www.karcher.co.nz/nz/Products/Home__Garden/Accessories.htm?&sdp=ac&pid=47602720&accessoriesGroupName=Spray+lances&pn=Flexible+spray+lance&title=Flexible+spray+lance&refP=/nz/Products/Home__Garden/Accessories.htm%3F%26accGrNm%3D10011603__Spray%252 0lances)

SeaJay's
03-08-2011, 07:38 AM

FYI - I have some of the detail king black out and I honestly don't like it. It's very greasy and the durability of it is awful. IMO of course!