PDA

View Full Version : If your polish separates...

builthatch
03-07-2011, 01:46 AM
don't fret.

i was rummaging through my indoor stash this weekend and came upon an original bottle of both optimum polish and optimum compound. the polish was SEVERELY separated. i shook it for several minutes, and nothing seemed to change. it looked like cottage cheese in iced down skim milk. so, i let it sit and worked on something. i came back, shook it some more...and suddenly the shaking changed. it stopped feeling like fluid in the bottle and deepened in tone. sure enough, it was now a nice homogenized cream again! i let it sit overnight and it was still creamy the next day.

the compound, on the other hand...had seen better days. for some reason it got moldy, even though it has been stored indoors for several years, haha. super gross. after i smelled it to make sure it was mold, i stuck my head in the sink and inhaled steam - i was worried i took in mutant spores!

but the point of the story is don't give up if your product separates, especially if it hasn't seen freezing, etc. it just needs some shaking and some time, and some more shaking.