PDA

View Full Version : Air Polisher

pfix
03-05-2011, 08:10 PM
I am looking for feedback on performance and also recommendations for a quality pneumatic mini polisher to use with 3 and 4 inch pads.

pfix
03-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Bump,
I am curious if anyone has used any of the pneumatic mini DA's with 3" or 4" pads? How does the power compare the Metabo and Griots mini polishers?

ColorsDetailing
03-06-2011, 09:15 AM
I have the 3" mini poisher from Matco. I love the thing I just used it on a Land rover defender that had been off roading with a lot of branch scratches down the side in hard to reach spots. Took a little time but I couldnt have done it with out that mini buffer.

pfix
03-06-2011, 09:33 AM
I have the 3" mini poisher from Matco. I love the thing I just used it on a Land rover defender that had been off roading with a lot of branch scratches down the side in hard to reach spots. Took a little time but I couldnt have done it with out that mini buffer.

How is the rotational power? Is it sufficient to use a foam or microfiber pad with a compound?

I just found this on Megs on-line forum
Pistol Grip Mini Air Tools - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46212&highlight=mini)

AG, any idea when this will be available?

ColorsDetailing
03-06-2011, 10:10 AM
If you buy the kit it will come with a 3" wool, foam compounding, and a finishing pad. The power is adjustable on the amout of "air' you have going though the mini buffer. I do use a 3 step process with it. The panel does take a little time to "warm" up. It does not heat up the paint like a dewalt will (well eventually it will but not as fast). Like anything it just takes some experiance with and it is just another asset in your arsenal.

ColorsDetailing
03-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Also it will drain the air out of my 60 gallon tank pretty quick. so make sure you have an air compressor that can handle it. The meguires one says it uses less air.

pfix
03-06-2011, 10:42 AM
If you buy the kit it will come with a 3" wool, foam compounding, and a finishing pad. The power is adjustable on the amout of "air' you have going though the mini buffer. I do use a 3 step process with it. The panel does take a little time to "warm" up. It does not heat up the paint like a dewalt will (well eventually it will but not as fast). Like anything it just takes some experiance with and it is just another asset in your arsenal.

I am considering a Mini DA instead of of the Mini Griots or a smaller backing plate for my full size Griots. I have a single stage 5 H.P. 60 gal compressor that will run the mini DA but they use a lot of air and they can work the compressor pretty hard to keep up. I like the lower air consumption specs. of new Megs polisher and Michael Stoops reported there is no trade off on power with the reduced air consumption.

I will probably wait a few months after the Megs tool is released to weigh out the user feedback before I make a purchase.