PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ohio

Camryguy
03-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi all,
New to the forums, but not detailing. Have been a long time Griots Garage customer, but due to a new vehicle purchase(wifes 2011 Rav4 Limited) I decided to try the Forum Favorite kit.
Took the day off yesterday to do this and I must say what an impression I came away with. The Black Forest Pearl on the Rav looks breathtaking. Too bad it is pouring the rain today, will get to see how well my work has held up though.
Next nice day, my Blue Ribbon Metallic Camry gets the treatment.
Question, I do have red wax pads, can the Klasse twins be applied with these along with my dual action? Thanx

Mike Phillips
03-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

When you say red wax pads, do you mean the red wax pads for use with a DA Polisher like the Griot's Garage DA Polisher?

Just want to double check because we carry some red hand foam applicator pads.

If that's what you meant then you could but the AIO is a cleaner/wax and usually used to to clean or restore neglected paint and in that case you would want to use a polishing pad, (like the orange Griot's foam pad). If you just want to insure the paint is clean and you think it is in great shape already, then you could apply the AIO with a soft waxing pad as long as you understand you won't get much cleaning action out of it.

You can apply the SG with the red foam waxing pad to but most people apply this by hand, it's important to apply a thin coating as it can be hard to wipe off if you apply too thick of a coating.

Here's a couple of related articles,

Factors that affect how aggressive or non-aggressive a product is... (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/28458-factors-affect-how-aggressive-non-aggressive-product.html)

The Baggie Test - How to inspect for above surface bonded contaminants (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/27967-baggie-test-how-inspect-above-surface-bonded-contaminants.html)

:)

DtownOstate
03-05-2011, 06:12 PM
:welcome: At least it is done snowing...for now...

matth9
03-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Hi all,
New to the forums, but not detailing. Have been a long time Griots Garage customer, but due to a new vehicle purchase(wifes 2011 Rav4 Limited) I decided to try the Forum Favorite kit.
Took the day off yesterday to do this and I must say what an impression I came away with. The Black Forest Pearl on the Rav looks breathtaking. Too bad it is pouring the rain today, will get to see how well my work has held up though.
Next nice day, my Blue Ribbon Metallic Camry gets the treatment.
Question, I do have red wax pads, can the Klasse twins be applied with these along with my dual action? Thanx

Welcome!
Where in Ohio are you from?

dad07
03-05-2011, 07:31 PM
:welcome:

rakkvet
03-06-2011, 12:28 AM
Welcome to the forums. It's great having people from the Buckeye state here.

I'm in Columbus/Hilliard.

Tim

Camryguy
03-06-2011, 05:56 AM
In response to Mikes question, yes those are the pads I speak of. Will probably stick with applying the Klasse twins by hand.
DtownOstate, look outside this morning.
Looking forward to spending time on the forum, and thnx for all the welcomes.

BobbyG
03-06-2011, 06:42 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online!

TLMitchell
03-06-2011, 07:13 AM
:welcome: At least it is done snowing...for now...

Guess you haven't looked out the window yet this morning. :( At least it's a cold, wet, miserable snow...

TL