PDA

View Full Version : Leather cleaner & conditioner

Pages : [1] 2

dbbrooks
03-04-2011, 02:18 PM
What's everyone's favorite leather cleaner? What's the best bang for the buck?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

chuckr
03-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Leatherique

Scott DeBrun
03-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Jorgens cowspit leather cleaner then followed up by your favorite conditioner.

James K
03-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I know that you can buy better, but I have always had good luck with the Mothers line. It has never let me down.

Bunky
03-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Are you looking for something as a maintenance cleaner or something for some serious cleaning all the time?

dbbrooks
03-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Are you looking for something as a maintenance cleaner or something for some serious cleaning all the time?

Well, I've been getting some new customers that want the leather cleaned and treated. Most don't bring it up but a new lady got all hyper about it. The car was not horrible but hadn;t been done right ever. So she wants me to do the car every three months. She was very pleased with the way the car turned out but wanted me to clean and condition the leather also. Thanks for the feedback.

fredcandetail
03-04-2011, 06:43 PM
I've used everything from Leather Masters to 1Z, Meguiars and a Mothers Product and i cant tell a darn thing after one application for details ... i'm conviced that for a customer who calls for a detail and wants there leather restored to the original softness I set the expectation upfront that miracles were only created on the seventh day and today is Monday LOL JK ... most customers understand when i explain that one treatment no matter how good or expensive is going to make it feel like new ... Now look like new is another story ... LOVE MegsAPC ...
The product that i will say will create somewhat of a miracle is Leatherique .. but OMG it was a pain and it took all day babysitting ... so from a detailer that does a good number of cars with mostly leather LEXOL has been a good product all around (smell, application, durability) especially in the near gallon size.
just my two cents

galaxy
03-04-2011, 09:38 PM
I know that you can buy better, but I have always had good luck with the Mothers line. It has never let me down.

You beat me to it. Another one of those way underestimated product lines. Actually, Mothers has two leather options that both are top notch, and currently the only leather products in my cabinet. I use the separate cleaner & conditioner twice a year and keep a bottle of the reflections (it's a cleaner/conditioner in one) for in-between clean ups.

James K
03-04-2011, 09:52 PM
You beat me to it. Another one of those way underestimated product lines. Actually, Mothers has two leather options that both are top notch, and currently the only leather products in my cabinet. I use the separate cleaner & conditioner twice a year and keep a bottle of the reflections (it's a cleaner/conditioner in one) for in-between clean ups.

I have not tried the reflections leather care yet, but have used the new VLR. I have a couple bottles of it, and use it for every day care and cleaning. I grab the seperates if I need something more powerful.

I use and like a lot of Mothers products, but not many talk about them.

shrtbull
03-04-2011, 10:03 PM
I like Lexol, cleaner and conditioner.

dad07
03-04-2011, 10:46 PM
I use Lexol also and have had good results.

dbbrooks
03-05-2011, 12:48 PM
I use Lexol also and have had good results.

Who's got the best prices on Lexol?

dbbrooks
03-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Who's got the best prices on Lexol?

My bad, didn't know AG had it!

trhland
03-05-2011, 06:16 PM
no one likes pinnacle?

Emm
03-06-2011, 05:53 AM
no one likes pinnacle?

I love Pinnacle, it is the best smelling too!