PDA

View Full Version : Which wax shoud I use???

Pages : [1] 2

JefriLay
03-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi all,
Since I have just bought DA Polisher. I want to wax with this machine. I am interested in Collinite 845, my car color is black. But I have the others options like M21 and 3M Premium Liquid Wax, Chemical Guys Butterwet Wax.
What do you think about these four product Collinite 845, M21, 3M Premium Liquid Wax, Chemical Guys Butterwet Wax? Which one should I buy? (I want endurance in water beeding and the longlasting one, but will be the best for black color).
Thanks in advance for your response.

Scott DeBrun
03-04-2011, 12:05 PM
SSG barrier reef carnuaba is a great wax and easy to work with plus you may want to consider Pinnacle liquid souveran it's also a very good liquid wax. I can't speak for the rest of the products you mentioned because I haven't used them. Hope this helps. One thing about "wet waxes" is that the "wet" look tends to wear off pretty quickly.

termigator
03-04-2011, 12:31 PM
If you want "endurance in water beading and the long lasting one," 845 is the way to go. It will outlast all the other ones combined. I currently have 845 on my cultured marble in my shower. The beading is lasting quite a while despite daily showers!

I also have M21 and it's o.k. Nothing special. It starts out strong, but the beading doesn't last that long. You said you have a black car. If it's solid black, M21 will probably make it look real good, but if it's metallic, I'd skip it. I put M21 on my mother's dark gray metallic E320 once and I wasn't impressed. It seemed to have muted the metallic flakes. The next day, I applied Wolfgang sealant and the difference in appearance was immediate. The Wolfgang sealant just added an extra sparkle to the paint I did not see in M21.

JefriLay
03-04-2011, 12:41 PM
SSG barrier reef carnuaba is a great wax and easy to work with plus you may want to consider Pinnacle liquid souveran it's also a very good liquid wax. I can't speak for the rest of the products you mentioned because I haven't used them. Hope this helps. One thing about "wet waxes" is that the "wet" look tends to wear off pretty quickly.

Hi Scott DeBrun, I'm afraid SSG barrier reef carnuaba and Pinnacle liquid souveran are not available in Indonesia. Anyway Thanks about the info "One thing about "wet waxes" is that the "wet" look tends to wear off pretty quickly"

JefriLay
03-04-2011, 12:47 PM
If you want "endurance in water beading and the long lasting one," 845 is the way to go. It will outlast all the other ones combined. I currently have 845 on my cultured marble in my shower. The beading is lasting quite a while despite daily showers!

I also have M21 and it's o.k. Nothing special. It starts out strong, but the beading doesn't last that long. You said you have a black car. If it's solid black, M21 will probably make it look real good, but if it's metallic, I'd skip it. I put M21 on my mother's dark gray metallic E320 once and I wasn't impressed. It seemed to have muted the metallic flakes. The next day, I applied Wolfgang sealant and the difference in appearance was immediate. The Wolfgang sealant just added an extra sparkle to the paint I did not see in M21.

Hi termigator, My car's color is solid black, I myself really interested in using 845 but I don't know if it will be good for solid black or not. What do you think? The Wolfgang product currently not available in Indonesia as far as I know so I'll skip it.
Thank you for the respond. Still waiting the others respond here :dblthumb2: and your reply too :)

Scott DeBrun
03-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi Scott DeBrun, I'm afraid SSG barrier reef carnuaba and Pinnacle liquid souveran are not available in Indonesia. Anyway Thanks about the info "One thing about "wet waxes" is that the "wet" look tends to wear off pretty quickly"
What product lines are available in Indonesia it may help us give you some options.

JefriLay
03-04-2011, 01:16 PM
What product lines are available in Indonesia it may help us give you some options.

Meguiar's and chemical guys are available in Indonesia but not all the products, and if there are some, they may be in a very little stock. Right now the only options I've got are those 4 product I've mentioned above. I think I'll try collinite 845, in Indonesia Meguiars, Collinite and Chemichal guy are very expensive.
In here collinite845 worth USD 30 for 16oz. Wish there is someone who can sell those in Indonesia with a reasonable price :(

termigator
03-04-2011, 01:34 PM
I was just using Wolfgang as a comparison to M21, although, if you could get it, I would highly recommend it.:xyxthumbs:

Since your car is solid black and you want durability, 845 is your only option. 845's beading and durability is quite legendary over here, whereas M21's performance reviews have been mixed. I actually have the 3m Premium Liquid Wax, but I haven't gotten around to using it.

You mentioned that Meguiar's is available to you. Can you get #26 Yellow Wax? It's reasonably durable (not like 845, but not bad either) and it looks killer on solid black and red.

bobble
03-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Since you can get both 845 and CG products why not a combo of the two. Jet Seal from CG will provide some nicer gloss and depth and then top with a coat of 845. That would be pretty bullet as far as protection. I use BlackFire Wet Diamond and 845 on an older JB BMW my 19yo drives and it;s a good combo for protection. 845 can sometimes mute down a darker finish but damn it lasts, I use it on my Jet skis one coat last the whole summer on those.

Scott DeBrun
03-04-2011, 02:51 PM
I would go with the CG line, but that's just my opinion.

93fox
03-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Collinte 845 is probably the best wax for durability!! Ive seen people here say it last more than 6 months! And in my opinion it leaves a very nice gloss to black! Have a look:
http://184.72.239.143/mu/62c2cb5d-649c-52cd.jpg

Carbon fiber hood:
http://184.72.239.143/mu/62c2cb5d-64bd-4403.jpg

JefriLay
03-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Collinte 845 is probably the best wax for durability!! Ive seen people here say it last more than 6 months! And in my opinion it leaves a very nice gloss to black! Have a look:
http://184.72.239.143/mu/62c2cb5d-649c-52cd.jpg

Carbon fiber hood:
http://184.72.239.143/mu/62c2cb5d-64bd-4403.jpg

Will definitely buy Collinite 845:iagree:. Thanks for the picture 93fox and also for the opinion.:dblthumb2:

Don M
03-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Another thing about the Collinite 845 is that it speads crazy thin and seems to go forever, one bottle can last a long, long time if you apply it right.

CEE DOG
03-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Don't worry they will all look great if you polish the paint properly. Collinite is an excellent wax. Look more into the the tips on how you will apply whichever wax you decide on. Ease of application and removal is important.

BobbyG
03-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Collinite 845 is one of those waxes that work well on just about everything I've tried it on....Let me rephrase that; Collinite 845 is one of those waxes that works well on every color I've used it on and it's cost will only set you back about $14.00 US.

This is a perfect wax to apply using your dual action polisher. I like to apply this product with either a blue or red Lake Country foam pad on speed 3. There's no need to apply it faster and this will allow you to work it into the paint and remember, THIN is in whan it comes to this wax...:props: