PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Seal

Midnight1700
03-04-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm looking at getting a bottle of the Opti-Seal on my next order. I've read the product description here on AG and it looks like it will surely do the job. The questions I have about the Opti-Seal are:1. I suggests that Opti-Seal be the LSP. Is there any problem with following it with a quality wax such as Fuzion?2. In the product description there is no mention of drying time. Does anyone know how long it needs to cure before applying a wax?Thanks to everyone!

PAR Detailing
03-04-2011, 08:46 AM
I havent used Opti-Seal but I use UPGP which is basically the same concept. I love it, it makes sealing the paint very fast and easy, plus you arent leaving anything on the table in looks and durability. It makes sealing doorjambs very easy and you can get very deep into the nooks and cranies with your finger and a mf towel.

To answer your questions: (Keep in mind I have UPGP not O-S)
1. No there isnt a problem with that as long as you give it proper cure time. 8-12 hrs

2. UPGP usually flashes or dries within 1 hour depending on the climate. But unless I am wrong there is the standard 8-12 hour cure time

knj
03-04-2011, 08:58 AM
I have used Opti seal, it does flash dry, a little goes a long way. It takes a little practice to apply evenly.
I am unsure about cure time, but 8-12 should be sufficent

Midnight1700
03-04-2011, 09:00 AM
I havent used Opti-Seal but I use UPGP which is basically the same concept. I love it, it makes sealing the paint very fast and easy, plus you arent leaving anything on the table in looks and durability. It makes sealing doorjambs very easy and you can get very deep into the nooks and cranies with your finger and a mf towel.

To answer your questions: (Keep in mind I have UPGP not O-S)
1. No there isnt a problem with that as long as you give it proper cure time. 8-12 hrs

2. UPGP usually flashes or dries within 1 hour depending on the climate. But unless I am wrong there is the standard 8-12 hour cure time

Thanks for the quick reply! I thought it needed to cure for about 10 hours but wasn't sure. Seems like a simple application. Thanks again!

bodavenport
03-04-2011, 09:03 AM
I use optiseal and love it, usually I will apply two layers of OS with 30 minutes apart and the next time I wash I will use Optimum spray wax over the OS looks great, easy to use and very durable.

OHSNAP
03-04-2011, 03:24 PM
I just ordered a bottle and applied it on my new challenger.

I had a hard time for the first few minutes with how much I was applying. I only primmed my foam pad once/twice with sprays from the OS and sprayed once on the section of the car I was working on. I found that it was a little hard for the pad to move around and I applied a few more sprays. I probably used too much product for each section but it made it easier to spread the sealant on the paint without the pad sticking or stoping when i was trying to spread it over an area.

When I was done I took the car to do some errands and in the sun it looked great. It really made the metallic flakes in my black paint "pop" and I liked how easy it was to 'seal' the door jams, and I also enjoyed not having to buff product off.

Some parts I used too much product and I just used a MFT to wipe off the residue that was still there after a few minutes. Overall, I liked OS and I will be using it till the bottle runs out.

I think I am going to do: wash, OS, Poorboys EX sealant for awhile. I don't want to use any abrasive wax's/cleaners/etc. on new black paint.

Chris Thomas
03-04-2011, 05:43 PM
...1. I suggests that Opti-Seal be the LSP. Is there any problem with following it with a quality wax such as Fuzion?

You can top it with any wax that doesn't have chemical cleaners... they may remove it. OCW is a great choice.

2. In the product description there is no mention of drying time. Does anyone know how long it needs to cure before applying a wax?Thanks to everyone!

It will dry within 5 min, it will cure within 12hours.