PDA

View Full Version : C-quartz Vs. C1 coating?

cobraa
03-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Hello guys!

What I'm looking from these nano coating is anti-scratch properties, good durability ( at least a year), make washing easier and possible to top it off with Souveran or fuzion for showroom premium look.

Can C-quartz or C1 deliver this??

C. Charles Hahn
03-03-2011, 10:46 PM
I don't think it's recommended to top coatings like those with a traditional wax, at least I've heard that from a few people. Cquartz makes a "ReLoad" product that can be used to top their coating or Opti-Coat though.

cobraa
03-03-2011, 10:54 PM
That's my problem... these sealant don't have the look of premium carnauba wax despite they have wonderful claims if the look is not there.. make it possible to top it off no?

richy
03-03-2011, 11:58 PM
I can't speak to C1 as I've never used it but I have used CQ quite a bit. You CAN top it if you wish. There are pros and cons to doing it:
Pros:
(now this is personal choice) wax appearance better
Cons:
inhibit the effectiveness of the coating and don't allow it to do its thing such as repel water and dirt. It would only be as effective as the wax applied to it until the wax wears off.
(my opinion here) Hinder the appearance of the coating. Check out my FX when I sold it after wearing CQ for a few months.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/rhowitt/Live2Detail/DSC_0046-10.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/rhowitt/Live2Detail/DSC_0001-18.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/rhowitt/Live2Detail/DSC_0003-20.jpg

Bottom line: It's your vehicle, have some fun and experiment! If the wax detracts from the look, strip it off with an alkaline cleaner..it won't hurt the coating!

cobraa
03-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks Richy. I'm getting some cquart and IronX today!

RaskyR1
03-04-2011, 12:01 PM
I think the coatings look great, who said they don't look good? :confused:

cobraa
03-04-2011, 12:03 PM
I yet to find a coating that gives the same shine as the combo Power-lock/souveran I did on the skyline in my signature.

RaskyR1
03-04-2011, 12:13 PM
I yet to find a coating that gives the same shine as the combo Power-lock/souveran I did on the skyline in my signature.

Which coating have you used so far? Since 95% of the look comes from polishing anyway, all the coatings still look very good IMO. Any slight nuances people may or may not see are really minuscule when you consider the coatings attributes.

If you are dead set on topping it, IMO a coating really isn't for you as it basically defeats the purpose of using it.

Cheers,
Rasky

Perfections
03-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Which coating have you used so far? Since 95% of the look comes from polishing anyway, all the coatings still look very good IMO. Any slight nuances people may or may not see are really minuscule when you consider the coatings attributes.

If you are dead set on topping it, IMO a coating really isn't for you as it basically defeats the purpose of using it.

Cheers,
Rasky

Agreed, that's why I'll coat the wifes suv, but never my own car, just love trying new waxes/sealants to much :)

AeroCleanse
03-04-2011, 12:51 PM
You can top C1 with C2

Rsurfer
03-04-2011, 01:07 PM
You can top C1 with C2
C2 as a QD over C1 is great.:xyxthumbs:

cobraa
03-04-2011, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't coat it on a customer car because it needs cure times. but on my car or family car, I would use these coating only for their anti-scratchs property ( marring while washing).

What I like most about these coating is certainly their anti-marring properties. I know some wax and sealant that can easily last 9-12 month too. Maybe these coating make washing easier than collonite 476 but it's not what interest me most in these products.

RaskyR1
03-04-2011, 03:32 PM
I wouldn't coat it on a customer car because it needs cure times. but on my car or family car, I would use these coating only for their anti-scratchs property ( marring while washing).

What I like most about these coating is certainly their anti-marring properties. I know some wax and sealant that can easily last 9-12 month too. Maybe these coating make washing easier than collonite 476 but it's not what interest me most in these products.

Understandable

I'm inclined to believe that a lot of the reduction in marring comes from how readily the coating sheds dirt. Take that away and the paint becomes more susceptible to it.

FWIW, Opti-Coat has been on test vehicles for well over 3 years. It's resistant to IPA, Prep-Sol, Detergents, degreasers, and other chemical cleaners....unlike Collonite or any other traditional wax/sealant.