PDA

View Full Version : Flitz PreClean rules.

Kristopher1129
03-03-2011, 01:10 PM
I had a thread I posted up a few weeks ago that showed a snowmobile that I used Flitz PreClean on. I cleaned up the side steps with it. Worked great.

Well, I got the chance to try this out on some Super Duty aluminum rims yesterday. This stuff continues to impress the hell outta me! I love it. The Pre Clean alone, makes the aluminum look fantastic.

I spray it on, agitate with a soft bristled brush, then use my steam cleaner to remove it. Check out how these rims came out with JUST the Flitz PreClean.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/NED_381.jpg

You can see the front one in this shot

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/NED_377.jpg

These rims looked pretty bad before I used the Flitz. I wish I got a before picture...but I honestly didn't expect these results. For sure, next time I will get a before shot.

No joke, I called AG and ordered 8 bottles of this stuff. Yeah, it's that good. :xyxthumbs:

Audi X2
03-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Awesome!
Sounds like they need to make the pre-clean available in gallon sizes.

Kristopher1129
03-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Awesome!
Sounds like they need to make the pre-clean available in gallon sizes.

Yeah!!! That's why I called. I found some sites that supposidely sold the gallon refill. But nobody had any in stock. So, AG customer service gave me a discount on the 8 bottles. They really need gallons of this stuff. :xyxthumbs:

93fox
03-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Is it a sort of apc? Because i am looking for something to clean certain stuff before a wash!

Kristopher1129
03-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Is it a sort of apc? Because i am looking for something to clean certain stuff before a wash!

I guess you could say it's an aluminum APC. It's specific to aluminum. I've never had a product get results like this from aluminum so carelessly. They really have a great product here.

I've tried other stuff, but it leaves spots and still doesn't clean to this extent. Buy a bottle, I guarantee you'll like it. :xyxthumbs:

93fox
03-03-2011, 02:11 PM
I guess you could say it's an aluminum APC. It's specific to aluminum. I've never had a product get results like this from aluminum so carelessly. They really have a great product here.

I've tried other stuff, but it leaves spots and still doesn't clean to this extent. Buy a bottle, I guarantee you'll like it. :xyxthumbs:

Oooooh for aluminum!! Ok ill look into it man! Sorry for asking but whats a good apc to clean? Such as compound splatter on gaps between panels, plastic, etc.

Kristopher1129
03-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Oooooh for aluminum!! Ok ill look into it man! Sorry for asking but whats a good apc to clean? Such as compound splatter on gaps between panels, plastic, etc.

Well I use some stuff called Red Thunder. I get it from Malco. It's concentrated and I buy a 5 gallon pale of it. I know there are some good APC that AG sells, but I've got no experience in using them. I use way too much APC to just buy a gallon.

Meghan
03-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Flitz is an awesome line but you really don't hear much about it. But it does what it says its suppose to!

Kristopher1129
03-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Flitz is an awesome line but you really don't hear much about it. But it does what it says its suppose to!

I know, I'm surprised I don't hear of more people praising this stuff. It changed my whole outlook on aluminum polishing. The PreClean alone, does an amazing job.

I'm gonna be picking up some beat up aluminum rims tomorrow. I plan on polishing, and reselling them. It will make great pictures for my website as well.

Plus, it will make a damn good thread of course! Maybe it will help push the Flitz products. I was extremely surprised I couldn't get my hands on a 1 gallon refill of this stuff. I had to buy 8 bottles instead, haha. :xyxthumbs: