PDA

View Full Version : Klasse sealant glaze - without the AIO

Gurge
03-03-2011, 10:49 AM
I've used the Klasse sealant glaze a number of times, but in each case I used the Klasse AIO to prep the surface.

Anyone have experience using the KSG without first prepping with the AIO? I'm referring to a properly prepped and polished surface.

If you use an abrasive polish for scratch removal, can you just use KSG as your LSP?

I realize the AIO as a base may provide some additional protection. and may remove any trace amounts of leftover polish. But is it really necessary?

I believe the SG bottle says you can use the product independently, but I've never tried.

Thanks...

termigator
03-03-2011, 11:12 AM
I've wondered about that too. Anybody that has used KSG always seem to use the AIO also (myself included). I guess Klasse got their marketing down pat.:laughing:

ScottB
03-03-2011, 07:09 PM
You can use the sealant alone, just as you would a pure sealant with no cleaners. I do still suggest super thin application, preferably by spritzing as still a bear to remove when over applied.

Gurge
03-04-2011, 09:28 AM
You can use the sealant alone, just as you would a pure sealant with no cleaners. I do still suggest super thin application, preferably by spritzing as still a bear to remove when over applied.

thanks. i had thought so but you never really hear it mentioned

and yes i know to apply very thin. learned my lesson the hard way with the KSG. Won't do that again.

Silverstone
03-10-2011, 02:53 AM
I've used the KSG a few times by itself and it's just as great as it is with AIO, no difference in appearance that I could see. Provided you're paint is really clean first.

Gurge
03-10-2011, 09:52 AM
I've used the KSG a few times by itself and it's just as great as it is with AIO, no difference in appearance that I could see. Provided you're paint is really clean first.

Good to hear. I think i may try it on a job this weekend after I polish with poorboys SSR.