PDA

View Full Version : Want list for production detailing

Pages : [1] 2 3

jamores23
03-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Ok, so I am looking into making a new order once again. I have menzernas line up for SHOW CAR detailing but I need something in the lines for the PRODUCTION detailing. I have quite a few clients that dont really care about there cars having a show car finish therefore stating the obvious they wont pay the cost of a 3 step job. I am looking for something that is very good such as shampoo, wax, sealant, and maybe a one step or even a AIO polish/wax or sealant that is not expensive but has good results. its not worth buying the expensive stuff for people who want to do a basic wash/clay/seal/wax and they want to pay $60-$100. I i just need the basics like a lsp, shampoo, wax, sealant, wax cleanser, APC, wheel dressing, interior cleaner/protector for a high volume detail service but i do have the show car finish products such as menzerna sip, super finish, po85rd along with WG deepgloss sealant 3.0 poorboys blue natty wax (now i am getting some red nattys :), wolfgang fuzion wax, dewalts rotary, wolfgang instant spritz and a few other things ready to tackle the show car job. Now all im asking is for the most cost effective way to do alot of cars with great results. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Spicy McHaggis
03-03-2011, 09:23 AM
The meguairs detailers line has some good products at decent prices. any they are avaialbe by the gallon. Also Duragloss will give you their products in any size you want i think (quart, gallon, 5 gallon, 30 gallon) and I know they have so really good deals on great products.

SeaJay's
03-03-2011, 09:26 AM
The DP products are also pretty good and they are on BOGO often. I have a couple gallons of the DP tire gel, Xtreme Foam, Carpet & Upholstery cleaner, and MF cleaner.

jamores23
03-03-2011, 09:27 AM
i have read some good things on duragloss aquawax

HeavyMetal
03-03-2011, 09:35 AM
I would take a look at Megs Microfiber System. From the reviews and pics, very impressive. I'd be considering at least the first step (cutting pad and D300) if I hadn't bought LC pads and other polishes already. I'm certainly gonna give this a try once my current products run low.

jamores23
03-03-2011, 09:41 AM
whats the diff between optimum poli seal and opti seal

jamores23
03-03-2011, 09:43 AM
The DP products are also pretty good and they are on BOGO often. I have a couple gallons of the DP tire gel, Xtreme Foam, Carpet & Upholstery cleaner, and MF cleaner.

I have read the the dp mf cleaner is way over rated you get the same results with tide laundry detergent.

jamores23
03-03-2011, 10:29 AM
?

SeaJay's
03-03-2011, 10:32 AM
I have read the the dp mf cleaner is way over rated you get the same results with tide laundry detergent.

You can use regular laundry detergent yes. But the MF cleaner/restorer helps maintain their softness. At least in my experience. I use to use regular laundry detergent until a month or two ago when I picked up some of the MF cleaner on BOGO.

jamores23
03-03-2011, 10:47 AM
yeah i was just reading on the thread "over rated products" and they said dp mf cleaner is way overrated i had it in my shopping cart but i took it out :) i still need some help answering my previous questions :/

ScubaCougr
03-03-2011, 11:01 AM
How about picking the AIO from whatever line you're most familiar with, then building around that. I'm a Poorboy's Polish w Sealant fan. They also sometimes have dented bottles they clear out at discount.

For production detailing of daily drivers, don't forget OTC products like Simple Green for wheels and wells, Folex for carpets, etc. May be cheaper than dedicated brands for low volume, and availalbe locally when you run out mid-detail.

jamores23
03-03-2011, 12:10 PM
opti seal or menzerna power? lock and why

Lasthope05
03-03-2011, 12:17 PM
opti seal or menzerna power? lock and why

Neither. i would go with 845 for your choice of LSP. One of the most durable products, super cheap and good bright reflective looks. For a good AIO I would go with Megs D151. Its cheap for a gallon and it has the most correction power out of all the other AIO's. Meg's HD for all exterior dressing(and interior if you want) and for shampoo, just use whatever shampoo you have.

jamores23
03-03-2011, 12:31 PM
so it basically works as a sealant or a wax because i see it says wax on it? is the mg 151 would that be like a pre wax cleanser as well?? or do i still need to get a pre wax cleanser. i remember seeing some pics from mike phillips doing a restoration and he used something to restore the oils in a single stage paint and it looked amazing after that i beleive it may have been 151

jamores23
03-03-2011, 12:34 PM
and what is the optimum car wax is it an actual wax spray?? or is it like a instant detailer? ive read some good stuff on the final kare 425 final spray any good???