PDA

View Full Version : Carnauba waxes over sealants

termigator
03-02-2011, 11:06 PM
If durability is not a factor, what are the advantages of putting a layer of carnauba wax over a synthetic sealant? I've prepped my car (polished, glazed. Ready for LSP) and I'm going to wax tomorrow and I'm looking for some opinions on differences/advantages of having a wax over a sealant, durability notwithstanding.

zliegen
03-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Some people claim the look of carnauba is deeper than a sealant, personally I cant see the difference. If I'm using a sealant I won't top with a wax because I like how most sealants don't attract dust.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
03-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Just an added look

rfinkle2
03-03-2011, 03:30 PM
I find that carnauba waxes are more resistant to water spotting and bird crappers.

DARK HORSE
03-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Some people claim the look of carnauba is deeper than a sealant, personally I cant see the difference. If I'm using a sealant I won't top with a wax because I like how most sealants don't attract dust.

:iagree::iagree:

Matt
03-03-2011, 04:05 PM
I find that carnauba waxes are more resistant to water spotting and bird crappers.

:iagree:

On a black car I find that a carnauba wax gives the paint that black ink look due to it deepening the colour slightly, on a lighter colour car I can't tell the difference so much.

If your car is black, definitely add the carnauba topper, if it's the red prelude in your avatar, you would probably notice a slight difference in the richness of the red.

I guess you could top half the car with a carnauba and leave the other half with just the sealant and see if you can notice a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse any grammatical errors

termigator
03-03-2011, 04:07 PM

Point is moot right now. At this time of year, as soon I pull the car out of the garage pollen descends on it like bats out of hell.:rolleyes:

Kristopher1129
03-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Just appearance. I personally like the look of sealant. I find that reflections are more dramatic with sealant. But, with wax...I think it makes colors pop more. It's just preference. Outside of durability, it's all just opinion.

ScottB
03-03-2011, 07:04 PM
110% personal choice for looks ....