PDA

View Full Version : Attn Collinite 845 users...question

Pages : [1] 2 3

jto667
03-02-2011, 10:47 PM
So I just received my bottle of 845, among other things....is it a "different" looking product than you normally see?! It seems pretty thick and almost looks like it's just a tiny bit seperated...almost like there is a "film" around it. Really hard to describe, just want to make sure thats how it is. I live in the midwest where it's sub zero now...there is a chance it froze while being shipped I suppose. But it did not sit outside in a box once delivered. Was brought to my work where it was inside.

Thanks all

FRC Z51
03-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Do a search. It's been discussed a million times.

john b
03-02-2011, 10:59 PM
what i did last fall was placed it in bowl of hot water-not boiling for a couple of minutes and the ran it under hot water in the sink and then shook it alot.i placed almost the same question last fall and its all good.

sohail99
03-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Mix it up for a minute or two and it should reconstitute!!

My 845's top layer separates if I don't use it for a day or two! I just mix it up real good and it becomes fine again!! :D

jto667
03-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks all. I did try a search and came with a gazillion responses about how everyone loves it...but i just entered Collinite 845. Sorry for the repeat question

aerogt01
03-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Thanks all. I did try a search and came with a gazillion responses about how everyone loves it...but i just entered Collinite 845. Sorry for the repeat question

Don't worry about it. Just posting "do a search" does not do anybody any good. I don't know why people do it.

Dr Oldz
03-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Do a search. It's been discussed a million times.

That was pretty rude. I'm just saying!! These forums are meant to be fun and helpful!! I have asked questions that have been answered before and most members were over helpful in answering my questions. So keep it that way!! You are better off not posting something like that! To the OP, 845 is a very different but great product and ur question is very valid!!! Shake it up very well and run it under hop water if necessary. It should be a runny liquidy consistency. U may have to shake for several mins but it will "loosen up"

jto667
03-03-2011, 12:37 AM
I've never understood someone taking the time to respond with do a search. if it bothers you....just dont respond lol save your time oh well it happens on my harley forum too lol

ShaunD
03-03-2011, 01:11 AM
And don't forget to wipe off the top of the bottle and the cap before putting it away. I thought my bottle was leaking the other day because of all the wax the drained off the top and was laying around the bottom. So don't panic if you see the same thing sometime. In the last thread posted about 845 for the same ? was brought up about replacing the screw cap for a flip-top or a pop-open style. Once the wax is mixed properly it will pour out too quickly without a smaller opening. Also, make sure you keep your finger on the cap when shaking the bottle.

kkreit01
03-03-2011, 02:47 PM
The cap on my IW845 was awful. The treads were stripped, and it leaked whenever I shook it vigorously. I swapped it with my NTX2.0 cap (of which I don't care for), and problem solved. :) It even has a flip-up spout now.

rfinkle2
03-03-2011, 03:20 PM
That was pretty rude. I'm just saying!! These forums are meant to be fun and helpful!! I have asked questions that have been answered before and most members were over helpful in answering my questions. So keep it that way!! You are better off not posting something like that! To the OP, 845 is a very different but great product and ur question is very valid!!! Shake it up very well and run it under hop water if necessary. It should be a runny liquidy consistency. U may have to shake for several mins but it will "loosen up"

+1^

Just as the OP said, it takes just as much time and mental energy to type that someone should search as it does to provide the answer.

sohail99
03-03-2011, 11:06 PM
I prefer using 845 in a spray form!! :D

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/ABCD00102.JPG

Really easy application and removal and I can go around the whole car(if its already clean) with it, in like 10-15 mins flat!! :D

dad07
03-03-2011, 11:24 PM
As someone said in another thread about this SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE..........SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE..........your Bottle!!!!!!!!!

dougaross
03-03-2011, 11:34 PM
I prefer using 845 in a spray form!! :D

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/ABCD00102.JPG

Really easy application and removal and I can go around the whole car(if its already clean) with it, in like 10-15 mins flat!! :D
Do you let it haze? or WOWO? Do you get a mist or a quirt?

sohail99
03-03-2011, 11:46 PM
I get a squirt!! First time I used it, I was expecting a mist but its too thick to be atomized!!

I spray it onto one panel, wipe it on all over so there's a uniform layer on it.

move onto another panel, same thing. Then maybe move to a 3rd panel, depending on weather, etc.(cold weather = no premature drying!)

Then, I go back to the first panel and remove it with a fresh microfiber towel and then remove the excess off of the subsequent panels!

Really easy to work with and it eliminates the mess I usually create with it and a sponge applicator.

But You can also use it to squirt minimal product on the sponge applicator if you prefer working with it.

I also tried it with the WOWO method. It works, but didn't test the durability after this!