PDA

View Full Version : new sealants, which one to use?

Pages : [1] 2

EliteImageDetailing
03-01-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm looking for an alternate solution to my current round up of LSP/Sealants. They seam to be rather popular in my area, and am looking for input on how durable and or which is the most durable one to use? I currently have and use Wolfgang 3.0 selant and DP Poli seal, and am currently concidering going to Optimum Opti seal, Ultima sealant, menzerna, etc... What one do you reccommend for ease of use and durability.

Also the Optima optic clean/protection, how well does it work and hold up?
Looking to consolidate products and try to cut it down to minimum for some jobs.
Thanks for your guys time and insight!!!!!
Alex

ScottB
03-01-2011, 07:12 PM
The WOWA sealants like Ultima and Opti-seal are easiest as no real buffing. Menzerna Powerlock is more traditional but looks very nice too.

Old Tiger
03-01-2011, 07:36 PM
I havent tried the Optimum. I love the Ultima Do you mean Opti-Coat?

termigator
03-01-2011, 07:45 PM
I haven't used Optima or Ultima, but I do have Menzerna (PowerLock, right?) and the two you already have. IMO, you'd be hardpressed to tell the difference between Menzerna and Wolfgang other than color and smell (Not a bad thing, actually). I know I can't. If you already have Wolfgang, I really wouldn't bother getting Menzerna because any perceived difference will be minimal.

dougaross
03-01-2011, 08:20 PM
I would think that the Duragloss 105/601 combination would be one of the more durable. As would Collinite 845 which is a hybrid wax/selant

EliteImageDetailing
03-01-2011, 08:29 PM
OK, Thanks guys. I'm just trying to look at anything different that could make it easier, even though it isn't an issue, but mostly looking for the durability side. I have seen somethings with the Optimum never Ultima, but they interest me the most because of ease of use. Seams that being besides sea water and have some pretty bad fall out around the airports a sealant has been one of my biggest selling points along with a one step correction so far.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Optimum Opti-Clean and Protect?

VW 91
03-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Sorry not be a jerk but its DP poli-coat, not poli-seal! I've seen a few people now call it DP poli-seal. Poli-seal is an Optimum product, get it right people!

Perfections
03-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Optimums opti clean is more of a waterless wash, with about a week of beading, it rocks

termigator
03-01-2011, 09:13 PM
If you're looking for durability I'd stick with DP's Poly-Coat or you can try Collinite's 845. It's real easy to apply and remove and I heard it's really durable.:xyxthumbs:

weavers
03-01-2011, 09:33 PM
I really like 3m performace finish as a sealant. It looks great on lighter colour cars. On silver it gives a really nice shinny reflective quality. It pretty cheap at 12 bucks and right now you can get a 5 dollar mail in rebate. It seems to last 4-6months on my cars, that are kept out doors washed weekly or biweekly in sunny California. It also works well as a wheel wax. As soon as you apply it you can remove it. No need to let it cure. Its a great finish sealant.

If you want a wax for a warmer glow then go with collnite 845. Its easy to apply and remove last 4-6months outdoors. Its the most bang for buck

zliegen
03-01-2011, 09:35 PM
I really like UPGP

RTexasF
03-01-2011, 09:38 PM
I would think that the Duragloss 105/601 combination would be one of the more durable. As would Collinite 845 which is a hybrid wax/selant

I have many on the shelf bit I must agree with this. Others may look better, Wolfgang 3.0 for instance, but the ones mentioned above ARE durability without question.

Rsurfer
03-01-2011, 09:51 PM
I havent tried the Optimum. I love the Ultima Do you mean Opti-Coat?
I think he means Opti Seal.

Dr Oldz
03-02-2011, 12:34 AM
If you are looking for super easy UPGP is the way to go! Gives an awesome "Hard Candy Shell" look! I used this on a customers vehicle about a month ago for the first time and it is holding up well thru salt and winter weather(Just washed that vehicle today and it was beading extremely well!!) I just wish I would have used this product sooner! I have seen reports of UPGP lasting 6+ months.

Matt
03-02-2011, 05:15 AM
I really like UPGP

+1 :iagree:

It's pretty awesome stuff and so easy to use.