PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Auto-spotted

dublifecrisis
03-01-2011, 12:34 PM
So last year or maybe even two years ago, Advanced started carrying Surf City products. Yesterday, I stop in to pick up a couple things and I see this!

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/uchessor/IMG_20110228_125703.jpg

SeaJay's
03-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Nice find!

VISITOR
03-01-2011, 01:01 PM
i was at walmart yesterday and suprisingly they had a surf city display and now carry all their products including accessories (towels, applicators).

James K
03-01-2011, 01:20 PM
I have never tried surf city. Is it any good?

DLB
03-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Best tire dressing ever.

IMO of course. :)

They have several good products - the tire dressing, the window cleaner is decent, the "Road Trip" grime/tar remover is good. I love the smell of their interior cleaner.

DLB

C. Charles Hahn
03-01-2011, 01:34 PM

Some of their stuff is pretty good, yeah. I'm a huge fan of their chrome polish (smells like cherries) and the Barrier Reef Carnauba Wax. O'Reilly also carries SCG stuff. AG used to carry it as well, don't know why they discontinued it.

Interesting to see Griot's at AA... I'll have to check mine out and see what they've got. Not like I need any more new stuff right now :laughing:

I do wonder if their DA polishers might become available through Advanced at some point like the original Meguiar's G110 was available from some of their stores.

StephenK
03-01-2011, 02:18 PM
O'Reilly and Advanced Auto near me use to carry Surf City but was in both the other day and neither had it. But PepBoys still does. even thought i did some Surf City stuff at a truck stop and some of their truck line which is named Big Rig. now i will need to check my Advanced Auto for the Griot line.

kkreit01
03-01-2011, 02:23 PM
I've been using Dash Away, and love it. I recently picked up their Tire Dressing, Grime Destroyer. I have not tried them yet, but read good things about both.

My Napa carried them for a short time. Now AAP has the complete line. I had no idea Walmart was going to start carrying them.

StephenK
03-01-2011, 02:50 PM
I've been using Dash Away, and love it. I recently picked up their Tire Dressing, Grime Destroyer. I have not tried them yet, but read good things about both.

My Napa carried them for a short time. Now AAP has the complete line. I had no idea Walmart was going to start carrying them.

i like the Beyond Black tire dressing nice matte black finish. the Dash Away also leave a matte finish as well and it does a decent job of cleaning too. i have not found anything that was stuck to a car that the Grime Destroyer has not destroyed

goathead
03-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Must be a Florida thing, don't have that in CT.

termigator
03-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Gotta go check out the local AA. I already have Best of Show and their sealant though. Can't think of anything else I would want from them. Maybe their Carnauba Stick? It'd be nice if their pads were available, but I seriously doubt it.

dasilvaa
03-01-2011, 06:43 PM
I pickup oil/filter supplies at AA often. The Megs GC wash is currently on sale and the Griot's Speed Shine is good (although I've now replaced that by ONR and DP rinseless)

That said I've order more detailing stuff from AG because I'd rather get a better performing product...and some advise to go with it.

:cruisin:

forrest@mothers
03-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Advance (no "d" at the end) Auto uses a business model called "clustering" for inventory. Products are in certain stores only based on demographics like income, weather and purchase habits.

That's why you'll see products in one store and not another.

If memory serves me, I was told Richard's products were in about 1,500 of their stores, but I'm old and forget stuff; so don't hold me to the details. I think you'll find very competitive prices here at the geek, and some great service to boot. I know AG has a better selection of products, no matter the product line.

dublifecrisis
03-01-2011, 07:46 PM
No doubt Forrest! There are only a select few items I purchase OTC for detailing.

ShaunD
03-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Not that I really care, but it's Advance Auto Parts. Guess they didn't want to be the past tense auto parts store.lol
Wonder how long they will carry the Griot line. I never thought much of them until I saw them on TheTireRack.com and tried out their Under-Carriage/wheel well Dressing and Spray-On Car Wash. I would say they are decent, I just have never tried any of their other products. Have thought about trying their detail clay.