PDA

View Full Version : New Car Wax

outlander
03-01-2011, 05:18 AM
My Stepdaughter just bought a new Nissan Ultima Coupe. Crimson Black. When you look at the paint it has different hues of green and purple. I need a wax to make it pop. I was thinking of DODO Juice products or Pinnacle. I have Natty's Blue. Please recommend. I have a Flex and a PC with bonnets that can be used for removal if necessary. Please recommend speed setting if that is recommend for the wax. I'am going to clay it first then apply PoorBoys Black Hole. Thanks

mxfly
03-01-2011, 05:36 AM
Why don't you try the Natty's first and see what you think. You have it already anyway :)

If that doesn't please the pallet, I would recommend Souveran Paste. That stuff works brilliant on dark colours.

SeaJay's
03-01-2011, 08:06 AM
I always apply my waxes via my PC and an LC CCS red pad on speed 3. And then I hand buff it off.

Like suggested by mxfly I'd try out the natty's blue first. See if you light it. Worse case you don't and you get something else. I have a tub of Souveran that I have yet to try out, but everyone here raves about it. I do have some Dodo supernatural that I use on my black Avalanche and the gloss and wetness of it is amazing!

termigator
03-01-2011, 09:16 AM
I think Natty's Blue will be great on the Nissan. Just don't expect it to last all that long. Since you are working on black, you might want to consider picking up a bottle Mequiar's #26 just to try. It's a much less expensive alternative to Souveran Paste wax and IMO, it looks just as good and you can just pick it up at the local Autozone. The only downside is that it's a little harder to remove. Just my .02.:)

ScottB
03-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Id grab one of the two Dodo Pro's ...

02CAMSS
03-01-2011, 08:03 PM
I would try that Natty's. You will not see a big or any improvement with the above mentioned products in shine or any other aspect.

Dr Oldz
03-02-2011, 01:24 AM
I think Dodo PH pro or Pinnacle SSII will look amazing on that color but beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Good prep work is the key! But why not try the natty's blue since you already have it then go from there!

Matt
03-02-2011, 05:12 AM
I love P21s 100% Carnauba (gray lid), (not Concourse series- blue lid).

trhland
03-02-2011, 06:51 AM
pinnacle waxes are great. try one of there offerings !

Shawn T.
03-02-2011, 09:38 AM
I would go with Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Plus. I think it's quite hard to beat the shine it offers, IMO.

R/TED
03-02-2011, 12:25 PM
I think Dodo PH pro or Pinnacle SSII will look amazing on that color but beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Good prep work is the key! But why not try the natty's blue since you already have it then go from there!

:iagree:

termigator
03-02-2011, 02:00 PM
I would go with Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Plus. I think it's quite hard to beat the shine it offers, IMO.

Would love to check out GC Carnauba Plus, but I'm still sitting on two full bottles of old liquid GC and a barely used paste GC. :eek: