PDA

View Full Version : Re-using 1-pad ? who did it? and Hydro-tech Vs. CCS ?

cobraa
02-28-2011, 01:18 PM
After reading this thread..

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/31512-test-new-hydro-tech-cyan-pad-vs-used-cyan-hydro-tech-pad.html
I feel like the 1-pad can be re-used. I will be honest, usually, I do 5 car with one CCS 6.5 pad. I want to step my game up so I bought the 1-pad system mainly to get that awsome backing plate but now I'm tempting to buy more 1-pad pads.

So have anyone been able to re-use their pad 1-2-3 times?

And from the OP, he says that the hydro-tech last less than the normal CCS pad? is that true? I'm a big fan of the CCS... Orange and white, so I was thinking about Cyan and tangerine.. would they work better but last less?

Thanks guys,

Would like to place my order today so that would be kind to get some quick opinions :)

James K
02-28-2011, 01:56 PM
if you look for my review, I reused the pad on 2 cars. the orange pad wore down rather quick. however it was still effective. I am sure you could get two to three cars from 1 pad.

cobraa
02-28-2011, 02:53 PM
thanks MP! Yeah I remember reading your review. That's because of this review, i bought the 1-pad hihi!

flashyrides
03-01-2011, 12:17 AM
I use em twice, but not more

cobraa
03-02-2011, 09:20 AM
So I bought 1x 3 pack of cyan and one 3 pack of tangerine + 2x orange,white and black.

Will see how this system hold up but I don,t plan to use it on all my car.. mainly sport car like miata,350z and such with lots of curves.