PDA

View Full Version : Sun gun : THE best tool to find hologram?

cobraa
02-28-2011, 10:28 AM
true or false?

rfinkle2
02-28-2011, 10:30 AM
I find metal halide and led lights to be more effective than the 3m sun gun and Infratech light.

reality33
02-28-2011, 10:33 AM
I used to use the Sun Gun, but I have switched to very powerful LED lights to do the trick.

Metal halide lights show everything however.

SeaJay's
02-28-2011, 10:36 AM
I have the Brinkmann Swirl Finder Light, Xenon detailing light, Brinkman spotlights (http://www.autogeek.net/brinkmann-swirl-finder-light.html) and it works really well.

But as others have said the halogen lights work best.

cobraa
02-28-2011, 10:44 AM
halogen works for swirls! but it doesn't tells you if you left some slight holograms on a black car you did inside a garage.

I have 2x 250w halogen spot and the brinkman but I found the LED form the brinkmann to be sometime maybe too powerful or too ''thin'' to really show holograms.

rfinkle2
02-28-2011, 10:48 AM
halogen works for swirls! but it doesn't tells you if you left some slight holograms on a black car you did inside a garage.

I have 2x 250w halogen spot and the brinkman but I found the LED form the brinkmann to be sometime maybe too powerful or too ''thin'' to really show holograms.

Metallic flake reflects some of the higher powered (halogen) lights, and makes it impossible to see micromarring in most cases.

The angle and distance of the light is also crucial in finding the slightest defects.