PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Metal polish Vs. New formula Vs. Duragloss

cobraa
02-27-2011, 03:25 PM
I've been a fan of Duragloss metal polish, work well, cut fast, has a nasty smell but it works fine and it's only 8$ for 12oz.

Now since optimum released their new metal polish formula, the old one is BOgo 70oz for 35$ ( 6$ for 12oz).

I'm wondering if it works as good as Duragloss but without the nasty smell ?

and to who ever tried the new formula, what's the difference? is it only the extra protection they put inside? For this, I don't care, I have a dedicated metal sealant.

Thanks for your input!

rakkvet
02-27-2011, 03:44 PM
I love the Optimum Metal polish I got on BOGO recently. It doesn't have a smell like ONR or Griots Spray on Car wash but it isn't offensive. I think it's pretty easy to use also.

Finemess
02-27-2011, 04:03 PM
I picked up the old formula OMP on BOGO also. I like it alot, seems to clean better than Mothers or Megs. Have not try Duragloss.

Perfections
02-27-2011, 04:38 PM
The old formula kicks butt, and the new ones supposed to cut faster, finish down better and protect more so I can't wait to get my hands in some seeing how much I love the old formula :)

Chris Thomas
02-27-2011, 06:52 PM
The original works very well...the new was designed to work better by hand with just a terry towel or #0000 steel wool. The results with either are outstanding.

cobraa
02-27-2011, 07:14 PM
The original works very well...the new was designed to work better by hand with just a terry towel or #0000 steel wool. The results with either are outstanding.

Thanks for the clarification!