PDA

View Full Version : Poli-Seal seperation

termigator
02-27-2011, 02:56 PM
I have a 32 oz. container of Poli-Seal I bought last year. I used it several times, but then left it alone in my cabinet until now. I was going to use it on my cousin's ride today, but the the product mix has separated and after extended vigorous shaking, it's remains separated. Has this happened to anyone else?

aerogt01
02-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Poli-seal? No. Other products? Oh, yeah. It's quite common among some of the polishes/waxes in this field. They usu. shake back together, though.

Just give AG a call. I'm sure they'll take care of it. :props:

Edit: If it froze, this might be expected.

Perfections
02-27-2011, 04:41 PM
I'd say keep on shaking, I thought some of my products would never go back together but after a few different times of shaking they finally did, if not make a call to who ever sold it to you, I'm sure they will take care of it

Chris Thomas
02-27-2011, 06:50 PM
If you've tried shaking and transferring it to another container to shake and it still won't go back together, you can return it and Optimum will replace the unused portion. PM me for the contact info and address if you need to do a return.

Setec Astronomy
02-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Hmm...I'd better go shake mine...

termigator
02-27-2011, 10:34 PM
If you've tried shaking and transferring it to another container to shake and it still won't go back together, you can return it and Optimum will replace the unused portion. PM me for the contact info and address if you need to do a return.

Thanks Chris. I figured any warranty would have run out by now, but exceptional customer service is always greatly appreciated.:props:

builthatch
02-27-2011, 11:32 PM
as far as i know it is an emulsion. they are pretty serious when they say on the label to not let it freeze, as it will permanently separate.

all of my stuff that has freeze warnings is on a shelf inside the house just in case.

regular separation is ok and can usually be remedied by shaking, but this sounds different.

nice job by chris for stepping up.

Chris Thomas
02-28-2011, 02:39 AM
nice job by chris for stepping up.

Thanks, but it's nothing we wouldn't do for any of you. If you have a problem just let me know and we'll do what we can. All of our line has a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

redg35
02-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Mine did this also and no matter how much shaking i did nothing helped...i might have to get in touch with you Chris.

Setec Astronomy
02-28-2011, 10:50 AM
I just checked my little bottle and it seemed fine but I shook it up anyway...still thick and gooey.

SeaJay's
02-28-2011, 11:19 AM
This seems to be an issue that's arisen lately on the forum..i.e. polishes separating. Made me go to where I store all of my products and give everything a good shake!

builthatch
02-28-2011, 12:03 PM
a few of my optimum things separate, and cause no probs once agitated.

the pink metal polish, the optimum protectant plus...but they are easily shaken before use for uniformity. all of my buffing chemicals from them are in opaque containers so i can't observe separation, but i have some stuff as old as early 2008 and once shaken it has performed perfectly. i think the smaller poli-seal bottles are clear i guess, and allow the user to observe separation easily.

i would not be worried about it separating permanently unless it was exposed to freezing or other temperature extremes. i think separating from sitting is totally normal and doesn't change the emulsion, so therefore agitation will combine the naturally separating components without issue. i might be wrong, but that's what i've found from experience.

zliegen
02-28-2011, 01:11 PM
as far as i know it is an emulsion. they are pretty serious when they say on the label to not let it freeze, as it will permanently separate.

Thats funny because I received a sample of OPT Poli-Seal from flatstick on autogeek over the winter, it was 100% frozen solid and separated when I received it due to weather. I shook it almost constantly as it thawed and it hasn't separated again yet, and it's been almost a month now.

builthatch
02-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Thats funny because I received a sample of OPT Poli-Seal from flatstick on autogeek over the winter, it was 100% frozen solid and separated when I received it due to weather. I shook it almost constantly as it thawed and it hasn't separated again yet, and it's been almost a month now.

probably a lot of variables that would affect it. i can't imagine it's a guarantee that once frozen, the emulsion has broken whatever bonds, but it's probably a high liklihood given the label warnings and what i've read.