PDA

View Full Version : what are your opinions of the California Duster?

Pages : [1] 2

NewXJ
02-27-2011, 10:22 AM
With pollen season approaching im considering purchasing the California duster to use in between washings...is this a good idea or not?

mswerb
02-27-2011, 10:26 AM
I love my California Duster and use it regularly between washes, along with a quick detailer and spray wax.

Bates Detailing
02-27-2011, 10:28 AM
I like them.... especially if you are doing a drywash - saves on MFs.

RTexasF
02-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Follow the instructions on the package to prep it for use, it is not ready to use. It works well if you lightly glide it over the area. It's not like dusting furniture where pressure doesn't matter.

galaxy
02-27-2011, 10:43 AM
I literally could not live without one! I've lived in areas where I used it daily and it has never resulted in swirls, scratches, or any marks on the surface.

You just have to have a limit on how dirty your car can be before you stop using it and never use it with any pressure or to 'remove' anything besides dust and light road grime. If I miss more than a couple days, I stop dusting and she sits until she can get a proper bath.

MonoPed
02-27-2011, 10:51 AM
I've been using the duster for at least ten years. And with all the pollen coming down now, I'd go nuts without it!

BobbyG
02-27-2011, 10:57 AM
I have two and find they works very well. The materials that make up the duster itself are very soft and hang on to dust and pollen nicely. :props:

I believe that the product used that makes the fibers "tacky" is some sort of a paraffin based product. I always shake them off good prior to use so that any lose debris is discarded.

I give them a :dblthumb2:!

slimnib
02-27-2011, 11:01 AM
With pollen season approaching im considering purchasing the California duster to use in between washings...is this a good idea or not?

There is a top notch detailer is my area ( super luxury cars only at $500 a pop) told us a program the he ran for the local MB club that the duster increased his business and he loves when people use it. He also said that he never let it near a car of his.

I guess everyone has his own opinon. I have seen much of his work and tend to listen to him.

LegacyGT
02-27-2011, 11:33 AM
There is a top notch detailer is my area ( super luxury cars only at $500 a pop) told us a program the he ran for the local MB club that the duster increased his business and he loves when people use it. He also said that he never let it near a car of his.

I guess everyone has his own opinon. I have seen much of his work and tend to listen to him.
It is all in how the tool is used. I have one as well and use it frequently and follow up with a QD and have never had scratches put in. I have no doubt that if you misused it you can scratch the finish, but considering you are on this site, I think you will not have any problems.

I also give it a :dblthumb2:

dispense
02-27-2011, 12:09 PM
I agree with everything everyone has said so far. =b I love mine.

slimnib
02-27-2011, 01:48 PM
To each his own. For me it is better safe than sorry. Have you ever tired to get damage out of a Black MB?

Finemess
02-27-2011, 02:08 PM
I love mine for quick clean ups, pollen season is it best showing.

WestEnd
02-27-2011, 03:14 PM
I like the CA Duster and use it a lot. When they are first new they can streak a little I noticed. I think from the extra paraffin. I believe the instructions say to let it lay out on newspaper for 24 hours to absorb some extra wax. Once it's broke in I love em.

ROMEO
02-27-2011, 03:45 PM
I have 2 for the exterior ( 10" and 12" I think they are, I know they are different). And I have 2 of the small ones for the dashboard...

Old Tiger
02-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Dang, you had to bring up pollen season! Last year was the worst I remember and IM old! I have a duster and have used it with no issues but both my vehicles have very hard clear. I use waterless wash instead of QD.