PDA

View Full Version : Dodo Juice Need for Speed Application

mleach82
02-26-2011, 09:47 PM
I purchased a bottle of Dodo Juice Need for Speed this past week and had a chance to use it today. I noticed on the bottle that it only mentioned hand application (nothing about DA) but i've seen several writeups as well as Mike's video that show it being used with a DA.

I purchased it as an AIO to use on a 2010 Honda Odessy van that i had lined up for the weekend.

It seems that no matter what method i used with my PC7424XP, the product would consistantly clump up and dust.

I tried:
White Foam Pad (flat), speeds 3.4 thru 5
Black Foam Pad (CCS), speeds 3.5 thru 5
Red Foam Pad (CCS), speeds 3.5 thru 5

Don't get me wrong, it still applied an even coat to the surface, but a lot of dust was produced as well. I tired anywhere from 1-4 section passes.

Anyone else have experience with this product? Is this normal?

Other than the dusting / clumping, the product delivered great results, giving me about 80% correction with very little effort and finishes up with a smooth feel to it. Has a great smell to it as well.

Thanks

AeroCleanse
02-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Not used NFS, but I think you might be using too much product. I have used Lime Prim on a black CCS pad, about 4 dime sized drops per section is all you need.

Black Car
03-05-2011, 02:05 AM
have you figured out the clumping issue yet matt?

mleach82
03-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Not yet, havent had the opportunity to use it again. Next chance i get ill give it a go and report back.

Emm
03-05-2011, 11:23 AM
I would like to know too. I plan on using need for speed as soon as the weather breaks.

Dr Oldz
03-05-2011, 06:51 PM
I use NFS pretty often.... I think your problem is over application. I typically use about 3 pea size drops on a 5.5 inch pad. Hope that helps!!

Black Car
03-06-2011, 09:16 PM
dr. oldz, do you prime the pad? using the kevin bacon method or whatever.

Dr Oldz
03-06-2011, 09:36 PM
dr. oldz, do you prime the pad? using the kevin bacon method or whatever.

Lmao!!!! Yes I do prime the pad but with only a minumal amount of product! (2-3 small drops and a spray of a QD! I find that the thin is in method works best with NFS and I also find that this product is very pad dependant! It will correct pretty well for an AIO with a more agressive pad and slow arm speed but it can possibly leave some marring with certain agressive pads! I also find that more product reduces the working time as it does gum up a bit as the OP stated! A white flat pad or a tangerine HT pad finish very well with also providing a good amount of cutting power.....IME! I think the carnuba in NFS gives it that lubricating ability thus only need a small amount of product to work with!

Black Car
03-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Awesome, but how do you prime a pad with 2-3 small drops. Forgive me I have yet to use a polisher (i got a flex this winter but it's still in the box). I'm going to use the sample mleach sent me this weekend. Thank you.

Dr Oldz
03-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Awesome, but how do you prime a pad with 2-3 small drops. Forgive me I have yet to use a polisher (i got a flex this winter but it's still in the box). I'm going to use the sample mleach sent me this weekend. Thank you.
Good point...I should have been more specific.... I put 2-3 drops on a 5.5 inch pad and spread it around with my finger. It doesn't necessarly prime the whole pad but lets some product soak into the pad! If you are using a larger pad, you may want to use a few more......and also what I am calling drops are more like "pea size" drops! Sorry for the confusion. Also try to keep your pad as clean as possible between sections and keep your sections some what small to get the full potential out of it!

Black Car
03-07-2011, 02:03 PM
awesome, good info. Thanks oldz.