PDA

View Full Version : When you do a Waterless, how much product do you use?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Old Tiger
02-26-2011, 06:43 PM
I use UWW+ the most. I use the ZEP Spray Bottle. It is a high output spray. For the Ford, I use 12 to 16 oz per wash. I spray heavy except for glass. I want plenty of lubrication, so I spray liberally. With the new concentrates, I can afford to. I use about 8 oz on the XLR. Are you using as much to do a full wash? TIA. I use same amount of Optimum or DP as I do UWW+. TIA!

WRAPT C5Z06
02-26-2011, 06:56 PM
I only use PB's spray and wipe as a drying aid after I wash and leaf blow the car. I never use WW's as a "car wash".

Old Tiger
02-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Dang, you are hard core Mark! I love it and No Rinse too. Not had any issues.

SeaJay's
02-26-2011, 07:04 PM
If I'm using ONR I typically use a 2 bucket method. I've yet to try it out just using a spray bottle. If I did though I'd definitely be using more product in the sprayer. Right now for my 2 bucket wash I usually use right around 3 oz.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Dang, you are hard core Mark! I love it and No Rinse too. Not had any issues.
I'm not saying WW's and no rinses are not effective, but I drive my car everyday and it's gets too dirty for me to feel confident in a WW or no rinse.

BobbyG
02-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Hey Jim,

I tried DP Waterless Auto Wash this winter and like you used about 16 ounces to do my truck. I sprayed mine liberally as I really wanted to soak my trucks exterior in order to soften and dissolve as much as possible prior to wiping.

DP Waterless Auto Wash seemed to do a decent job but I just don't like wiping, no matter how carefully, particles of dirt across the finish. I'd much rather have them float off similar to a rinseless wash as a minimum.

So I can say I did try it and it worked OK but the rinseless wash is my limit on substituting something for a regular wash...

Old Tiger
02-26-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm not saying WW's and no rinses are not effective, but I drive my car everyday and it's gets too dirty for me to feel confident in a WW or no rinse.

Hey Jim,

I tried DP Waterless Auto Wash this winter and like you used about 16 ounces to do my truck. I sprayed mine liberally as I really wanted to soak my trucks exterior in order to soften and dissolve as much as possible prior to wiping.

Bobby, I agree. I wont wipe dirt on my paint. In what we southerners call winter, I will go thru a very nice new touchless wash and go home, garage it, turn the heater on and go back in an hour or two. Usually do an ONR wash in winter.

DP Waterless Auto Wash seemed to do a decent job but I just don't like wiping, no matter how carefully, particles of dirt across the finish. I'd much rather have them float off similar to a rinseless wash as a minimum.

So I can say I did try it and it worked OK but the rinseless wash is my limit on substituting something for a regular wash...
If I have any concerns with dirt, I will hose off or do 2 buckets. I have water so UWW+ or ONR are options when I want. I will not go to town on a dirty dry car. Mark, what do you do when water is restricted?

Old Tiger
02-26-2011, 07:30 PM
If I'm using ONR I typically use a 2 bucket method. I've yet to try it out just using a spray bottle. If I did though I'd definitely be using more product in the sprayer. Right now for my 2 bucket wash I usually use right around 3 oz.
You dont want to try that. Opti Clean is their waterless. It has new polymers that ONR doesnt. It is a great product.

Rsurfer
02-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Hey Jim,

Using Ultima or Optimum I'm using at least 20 ozs. and it's only a G35 coupe. 16 ozs for a truck seems a little light to me. Dunno maybe I'm using too much, but I feel in this case more is better.

amboybob
02-26-2011, 08:34 PM
I always seem to use more waterless wash than the manufacturers say is necessary. Last week, I used Ultima WW. Used slightly over 20 ozs. with excellent results. (Also had to use quite a few MF towels). I agree with Rsurfer: "in this case more is better".

Bates Detailing
02-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Don't remember how many ounces are in the 5 year warranty sprayers I bought from AG - but I use a full bottle for about 4 cars...... unless it is heavily soiled with salt - then I double down or even triple down the amount per vehicle for safety of marring..... using this method I've never had an issue and the cars come out great! :dblthumb2:

Old Tiger
02-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Don't remember how many ounces are in the 5 year warranty sprayers I bought from AG - but I use a full bottle for about 4 cars...... unless it is heavily soiled with salt - then I double down or even triple down the amount per vehicle for safety of marring..... using this method I've never had an issue and the cars come out great! :dblthumb2:
The DP bottles are 32 oz.

Bates Detailing
02-26-2011, 09:42 PM
The DP bottles are 32 oz.

ah - so what is that then..... 8 oz a ride - for a mid sized car.

Old Tiger
02-27-2011, 09:43 AM
ah - so what is that then..... 8 oz a ride - for a mid sized car.
That's similar to my XLR.

Old Tiger
02-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Corey, where are you?