PDA

View Full Version : Alright...I think I'm coming to Detail Fest!!!!

Kristopher1129
02-26-2011, 10:32 AM
I just sat down and actually weighed out the options for Detail Fest. I didn't know exactly what days it falls on. The fact that it falls on saturday and sunday, is perfect for me. Cause for one thing, shop isn't open on sunday, so I only have to X off one day on the schedule. Plus, my lady friend doesn't work weekends, so she can tag along with me.

Here's my question though. I'd rather not pay for two nights in a hotel. So, if I fly in for early afternoon on saturday...would that be cool? Am I gonna miss much??

Also, I'd like to meet some of you guys. Who's attending?? :dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

natewood70
02-26-2011, 10:40 AM
I will be there!!!!

Kristopher1129
02-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Nice! I think you'll be easy to find as long as you look just like your avatar, hahaha. :D

I'm gonna change my avatar to a picture of myself so people know what I look like. Cause, as pretty as my van is...it looks nothing like me, haha.

natewood70
02-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Nice! I think you'll be easy to find as long as you look just like your avatar, hahaha. :D

I'm gonna change my avatar to a picture of myself so people know what I look like. Cause, as pretty as my van is...it looks nothing like me, haha.

LOL thanks man... I think it would be a good idea to have everyone change thier avatar to a picture of themselves for this exact reason! (at least the ones going to DF):dblthumb2:

Kristopher1129
02-26-2011, 10:50 AM
LOL thanks man... I think it would be a good idea to have everyone change thier avatar to a picture of themselves for this exact reason! (at least the ones going to DF):dblthumb2:

Agreed!!! Gonna change mine right now to me and my girlfriend so people can recognize us. :dblthumb2:

natewood70
02-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Agreed!!! Gonna change mine right now to me and my girlfriend so people can recognize us. :dblthumb2:

Maybe I should do the same... My better half may be coming as well... Should I have a normal looking avatar?????

:dunno:

Kristopher1129
02-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Maybe I should do the same... My better half may be coming as well... Should I have a normal looking avatar?????

:dunno:

Probably, unless your tongue is stuck that way, haha! :drool:

SeaJay's
02-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Glad to hear your going to be joining us! I'll be there Friday-Monday. Getting in actually Thursday night after midnight.

And I suppose I can change my avatar back to my ugly mug!

Nate - I don't think I'll recognize you if your shirts not off and mouth wide open. Just walk around DF that way! lol

Mike Phillips
02-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Somewhere on the forum I think there's a thread for "Who's Attending DetailFest", if not we should start one.

Usually on Saturday night there's a social GTG at the Marriott-Courtyard but it's looking like there will be a GTG there Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night, so besides being at the AG Headquarters, there will be lots of people to meet at the lounge at the Marriott.

:)

natewood70
02-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Glad to hear your going to be joining us! I'll be there Friday-Monday. Getting in actually Thursday night after midnight.

Nate - I don't think I'll recognize you if your shirts not off and mouth wide open. Just walk around DF that way! lol

It was tough, but I did it... this will only last through DF though lol

natewood70
02-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Somewhere on the forum I think there's a thread for "Who's Attending DetailFest", if not we should start one.

Usually on Saturday night there's a social GTG at the Marriott-Courtyard but it's looking like there will be a GTG there Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night, so besides being at the AG Headquarters, there will be lots of people to meet at the lounge at the Marriott.

:)

Sounds good! I'll take a look and if not, I'll get one started up!!!

Kristopher1129
02-26-2011, 12:25 PM

I'm actually thinking of staying another night myself. I've got family that live close to Stuart Fla. I'll probably spend the day friday with them, maybe have my bro, and whoever else wants to come to DF with me tag along. I gotta see how much the tickets and hotel will be.

SeaJay's
02-26-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm actually thinking of staying another night myself. I've got family that live close to Stuart Fla. I'll probably spend the day Friday with them, maybe have my bro, and whoever else wants to come to DF with me tag along. I gotta see how much the tickets and hotel will be.

If you call up the Marriott and ask for the detail fest rate it's $99 a night. I have two friends that are thinking about coming too and they are having trouble finding reasonable airfare without stopping. I lucked out and bought my tickets back the beginning of Jan, so I think both my tickets cost me around $430 for round trip. Im the MAN