PDA

View Full Version : Is It Possible/Practical To Cut And Buff With A Flex 3401?

jimmyjam
02-26-2011, 04:12 AM
I'm very tempted to cut/buff a Civic, but I don't know if the flex is up to it. I knw the rotary is the way to go, but I don't have one for now so any feedback is appreciated!

PAR Detailing
02-26-2011, 06:15 AM
If you are talking about compounding and polishing you most definitely can do that with the flex. I have one along with 2 traditional DA's and 2 rotaries. My best guess is that the 3401 can get 80-90% of what a rotary can and on certain paints and conditions it can equal the rotary.

It is a workhorse and can handle alot.

PAR Detailing
02-26-2011, 06:17 AM
And Generally speaking Hondas have soft paint which makes removing defects much easier. The key will be finishing down. Just figure out the right pad/product combo

BobbyG
02-26-2011, 06:21 AM
The Flex 3401 can handle just about any detailing job a rotary can but at a slower pace.

I've used mine with an orange pad and Meguiar's M105 and it works very well. :props:

ScottB
02-26-2011, 07:10 AM
A flex can "correct" paint ....

Mike Phillips
02-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Like others said, if you mean to compound and polish when you say Cut and Buff, then "Yes" it's an incredibly capable machine.

Now if you mean "dampsand" like you would with a DA Polisher and then remove your sanding marks then the Flex 3401 offers too aggressive of an oscillating and rotating action to dampsand safely.

:)

jimmyjam
02-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Like others said, if you mean to compound and polish when you say Cut and Buff, then "Yes" it's an incredibly capable machine.

Now if you mean "dampsand" like you would with a DA Polisher and then remove your sanding marks then the Flex 3401 offers too aggressive of an oscillating and rotating action to dampsand safely.

:)

By cut/buff I was referring to dampsand, watersanding, or colorsanding. Sorry for that..