PDA

View Full Version : Carpet cleaner..

Pages : [1] 2

Desert Detail & More
02-25-2011, 11:28 PM
Whats the best carpet cleaner/treatment for a rug doctor, and brush? How the heck does everyone get that famous look after cleaning the carpets, looks like a ball field that just got cut... LOL

Kristopher1129
02-25-2011, 11:39 PM
That's just a show off method. You just extract in straight lines or whatever pattern you like. I personally don't even bother. If I'm doing a high end vehicle...I will fancy it up a bit. But other than that...people don't care. Although, after doing it enough...you do end up leaving your "signature" in the carpet without even trying. Once you have a solid routine...there's no hiding it, and it looks fancy on it's own.

As for a carpet cleaner...I've never had a problem using my APC. Every APC is different. But it's always worked for me. As long as you agitate the stain before the extracting, you should be alright with just that. But, there are times when you gotta take out the big guns. I've got other stuff for that. :xyxthumbs:

Desert Detail & More
02-25-2011, 11:41 PM
APC what does it stand for?

Kristopher1129
02-25-2011, 11:45 PM
All purpose cleaner. Sorry, I get caught up on some the forum lingo sometimes, ha.

I use my APC in many different ways. Assuming your APC is concentrated...you can dilute it in many different ways, for different functions. It always works for me for carpet prep. If I have something tougher, like grease, oil, etc. I'll take out a heavier degreaser and scrub real good. I'll even follow the degreaser up with the steam cleaner to really break it down...then extract.

Desert Detail & More
02-25-2011, 11:48 PM
OK, I used DP total interior cleaning on the carpet seemed to done good. Just didn't think it was safe to use degreaser on carpet..

Kristopher1129
02-26-2011, 12:11 AM
OK, I used DP total interior cleaning on the carpet seemed to done good. Just didn't think it was safe to use degreaser on carpet..

Well I only use it on bad stains. I don't do the whole carpet. More of just a spot prep. When you get something like greasy, or oily...my APC mix usually doesn't do as good of a job.

tuscarora dave
02-26-2011, 12:27 AM
The best thing i have used for cleaning carpet is Poorboy's APC but I felt it was too expensive. I'm still looking for the right replacement APC. I may have to just bite the bullet and go back to what works the best regardless of the price.

I don't get into that fancy carpet grooming business. I actually smooth the carpets out with my hands after scrubbing them to give a natural new carpet look.

I don't have before pics but these carpets were black with Copenhagen Chew spit and tobacco all ground into them and I used Poorboy's APC with my Cyclo with brushes to get them like this.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd323/tuscaroradave/017-1.jpg

Desert Detail & More
02-26-2011, 12:32 AM
Looks good!!! I seen some nasty interiors.....

AeroCleanse
02-26-2011, 01:28 AM
I started with Megs APC then moved to APC+ (mostly because APC+ doesn't foam). Now I am using GTechniq W2, which shocked me on how well it works. So far W2 at 1:7 spray, agitate with a carpet brush and a wipe off with a microfiber towel has worked on all the stains I have used it on.

VW 91
02-26-2011, 02:59 AM
I started with Megs APC then moved to APC+ (mostly because APC+ doesn't foam). Now I am using GTechniq W2, which shocked me on how well it works. So far W2 at 1:7 spray, agitate with a carpet brush and a wipe off with a microfiber towel has worked on all the stains I have used it on.

Where are you getting your W2?

The best thing i have used for cleaning carpet is Poorboy's APC but I felt it was too expensive. I'm still looking for the right replacement APC. I may have to just bite the bullet and go back to what works the best regardless of the price.

I don't get into that fancy carpet grooming business. I actually smooth the carpets out with my hands after scrubbing them to give a natural new carpet look.

I don't have before pics but these carpets were black with Copenhagen Chew spit and tobacco all ground into them and I used Poorboy's APC with my Cyclo with brushes to get them like this.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd323/tuscaroradave/017-1.jpg

Is that the bio-degradable one?

jimmyjam
02-26-2011, 03:26 AM
Whats the best carpet cleaner/treatment for a rug doctor, and brush? How the heck does everyone get that famous look after cleaning the carpets, looks like a ball field that just got cut... LOL

I'll spray DP interior cleaner on the carpet, agitate it, pour some HOT water in my mighty pro, and extract. It works wonders for me plus my customers like the smell of bananas.
Get the floor mat and place your extractor/vacuum at the far right corner and drag it diagonal towards you, and you'll make a 4" line, now from the bottom where you ended follow it back up opposite from which you started, and so forth..Walla fresh cut carpet "look" lol

tuscarora dave
02-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Is that the bio-degradable one?
Yes The biodegradable APC&D (All purpose cleaner & degreaser)

aerogt01
02-26-2011, 01:08 PM

Did you find APC+ to work any better than APC?

Also, where do you get W2?

TLMitchell
02-26-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't have before pics but these carpets were black with Copenhagen Chew spit and tobacco all ground into them...

That's the trouble with consoles, no middle tunnel to sit the fancy Maxwell House can on. :D

TL

ballfan4141
02-26-2011, 03:31 PM
I hate when you go to do someones carpet and the more you scrub the more the stuff comes out and it seems like it gets worse the more you scrub. make sure you get the right dilution because if you dont you will not clean properly and too much will look like a 13 years boys jeans after being on the internet when his parents are not home.