PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean chrome rims?

superd
02-24-2011, 04:08 PM
How do you clean and polish your chrome rims during/after the winter weather goes away?
:dblthumb2:

I currently use the Griots Chrome cleaner, a daytona speed master, a mothers power polishing cone, and the Poor boy's world wheel sealant. Wanting to learn some new tricks to properly clean and polish the rims safely and rid them of the excess winter contaminants.

Feed back please

Kristopher1129
02-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Sounds like you're doing fine to me, ha. There's not much secrets to cleaning chrome. With the products and tools you have already...I think you'll be alright.

Only thing I would say you could add is some wheel clay. :xyxthumbs:

tuscarora dave
02-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Any chance of seeing a pic of the rims you're trying to clean? Are you not having any success with your current cleaner? Poorboy's Pro Polish 2 is the best machine applied chrome cleaner that I have tried but I haven't tried many.

superd
02-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Any chance of seeing a pic of the rims you're trying to clean? Are you not having any success with your current cleaner? Poorboy's Pro Polish 2 is the best machine applied chrome cleaner that I have tried but I haven't tried many.

The rims are as shown in the photo on the suv and are in great shape. I will try to take an up close picture.

The Griot's chrome cleaner works well as does the sealant, but I have very little experience or knowledge of any polishing products. I am curious how much a polish would enhance the shine. Any suggestions or tricks for application (by hand-cordless drill-flitz polishing ball??) to obtain the best results are welcome. I've been researching the polishing products on AG and they all sound good. After polishing is a sealant recommended?

We just had what I hope to be our last snow here in Kansas City. I'm hoping the weather will break and I can get my order in and baby my car as spring approaches.

:buffing:

ScottB
02-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Griots Chrome Wheel Cleaner, Daytona Brush, and Poorboys Wheel Sealant.

Sunshyne
03-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Griots Chrome Wheel Cleaner, Daytona Brush, and Poorboys Wheel Sealant.

would this product have a similar effect as the sealant?

DP Wheel Glaze cleans and protects all types of wheels! Durable wheel polymer wax coating protects wheels from brake dust adhesion and corrosion. (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-wheel-glaze.html)