PDA

View Full Version : First purchases. What do you think?

HarryK
02-24-2011, 01:55 PM
I am new to detailing. After reading a lot I ended up getting the following.
wg twins
wg sealant
wg auto bath
wg clay lubricant
clay
wg deep gloss spritz sealant
wg ppe
griots polisher
lc hydro pads 2 each color.
I allready have interior products and 303 for vinyl etc.
Took advantage of the bogos. Going to use products on tourch red 06 mustang gt, metalic silver 04 f150 lightning, and 03 black vtx 1800 motorcycle. What do you think? Ok start or did I overlook something.

SeaJay's
02-24-2011, 02:01 PM
First I don't think I've welcomed you yet, so welcome!

I would say that you make a nice 1st purchase. You won't be disappointed with any of those products. Just a heads up...this is an addiction! Your collection will grow and it will grow fast! At least mine did. I did an inventory of items I have right now which probably 90% of them were bought over the past year...let's just say I'm looking at around a couple grand that's I've spent....:doh:

Just ensure your using proper techniques for washing, drying, & polishing. So once you have your toys all polished up your not inducing more swirls or scratches into them.

Audi X2
02-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Harry Welcome to Autogeek online ....
:welcome:
You started with a fine selection of products, but be warned as SeaJay said this is an addiction. I find my self needing to order products on a regular basis.

LegacyGT
02-24-2011, 03:25 PM
I like your list, wolf gang products are very easy to use and give great results. The LC Hydro pads are my current favorite, I would suggest the 5.5'' pads for a DA polisher.

You might want to throw in some yellow foam pads, they come in handy for applying almost anything including 303.

mi77915
02-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Looks like you're off to a great start!!! Like Seajay's said, this is an addiction!!!!! :dblthumb2:

Almost forgot: :welcome:

dad07
02-24-2011, 05:41 PM
:welcome:to AGO!!!! I see your addiction has already started :laughing: Great first purchase you will not be dissapointed! There are a lot of great folks here to call on for help,just ask!

Nitro24
02-27-2011, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=mi77915;425007]Looks like you're off to a great start!!! Like Seajay's said, this is an addiction!!!!! :dblthumb2:

I had a feeling this was going to be a addiction, at least now I know what lies ahead. lol :awman:

BobbyG
02-27-2011, 01:51 PM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online!

Admitting ones addition early of critically important. By doing this you quickly move past all the associated anxiety and concentrate on buying everything you think you need! :props:

The product you've listed are very nice and will perform well. Spend some time doing a bit of reading then go out and practice. Hands on is the best education and the knowledge retained will be with you for a lifetime...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/23722-articles-mike-phillips.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/28617-articles-mike-phillips-2-a.html

Buy One Get One - Free

Buy One, Get One Free! (http://www.autogeek.net/buy-one-get-one-free.html)

James K
02-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Don't listen to any of the people above me. That is a horrible first purchase! Call autogeek before it's to late and have the shipping address change to my residence. I will make sure those never get in the wrong hands. Now let's talk about your next order. LOL!

Welcome to the forum!

c5z06camaro
02-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Good first purchase to start of detailing. Btw welcome to the site!

HarryK
02-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Guess I get hooked quick. I placed another order for the pb wheel glaze, sonax wheel cleaner, mf towels, 5 inch backing plate, and some 5.5 inch hydro pads. Love soaking up the great info on this site.:dblthumb2:
Harry

Old Tiger
02-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Very astute purchases. See you discovered the BOGO's already! The GG DA is a great choice for a hobbyist since it has the best warranty. May want to look at the Megs DA MF System next!

weavers
02-27-2011, 09:58 PM
I would get 5.5" hydro pads, but 4 Tangerine and Cyan pads, then 2 of the wax pads. Reason is you always want to work clean. 2 pads may be enough for a car, but its frustrating working with dirty pads even with cleaning on the fly you will want to swap out pads. I would also encourage you to get surffubff pads, 5.5" inch and get 2 packs. with the GG polisher you get a 6" backing plate, you will need to buy a 5" backing plate to use 5.5" pads.

For polish you could same some coin with meg ulimate compound and ulimate polish. i know wolfgang twins are on bogo so its a good deal lots of people on here love megs polish.

save money on sealant and wax by getting collnite 845. Its just the perfect wax, easy one and off, 4-6 month protection, looks great on all colours(though sealant can look better on white or silver). It also works great as a wheel wax.

Get optimum no rise, clay lube, quick wash, interior wipe down, ect. its has so many uses and saves you water, time and money.

Grab a trie dressing too. I've tried megs endurance and optimum gel, both are great and last 2-4 weeks. meg is shinny black and optimum is mantle black.

jimmyjam
02-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Welcome to AGO Harry!!! Really good first order!! WolfGang is some really good stuff, smells good too.

Nitro24
02-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Guess I get hooked quick. I placed another order for the pb wheel glaze, sonax wheel cleaner, mf towels, 5 inch backing plate, and some 5.5 inch hydro pads. Love soaking up the great info on this site.:dblthumb2:
Harry

You think wolfgang was is great. Then you wouldn't mind making your vehicle rust proof for ever with POR-15. I spent $300, but at least I can drive me nice car in the winter without it ever rusting again. Part of that $300 includes brake caliper painting kit, POR-15 kit and hardnose painting kit. Double layer protection, and 2 tubes of POR-patch. I order larger than their kits, if none of you seen this stuff, it's stronger and better than RINO bedding- only difference is POR-15 is great on cars and marine applications. :xyxthumbs: