PDA

View Full Version : Spring Cleaning

dennish
03-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Every spring we get our cars out of storage and one by one do a spring cleaning. I spend the winter reading about all the new and great products and collecting a few new ones to try out in the spring cleaning time. I will post the process and photos when I complete each of my cars. I find different process give different results on different colored cars.

The cars below are the ones I will be doing minus the 34 Chevy (tan and brown) on the end. It has been replaced by the red 35 Ford show separately.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/photopost/direct_data/1067/8665AllFour.jpg

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/photopost/direct_data/1121/866590c.jpg

-Dennis

Matt
03-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Beautiful cars...can't wait to see them after the Spring Cleaning!

cwcad
03-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Dang!!! Now I have to clean up my key board from all the drool.

Wow!! I really look forward to the pic's and process of each vehicle.

Miami_Sunset
03-04-2006, 04:50 PM
I like the corvette..very CALSSIC STYLE.

ScottB
03-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Hey Dennis, glad to see you over here. (He truly has some of the nicest rides) what till you see the bigger pic's on that rod with Souveran on its finish. WOW !!

dennish
03-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Hey Dennis, glad to see you over here. (He truly has some of the nicest rides) what till you see the bigger pic's on that rod with Souveran on its finish. WOW !!

Thanks for all the nice comments.

The 35 Ford (Red One) will be my first project. This will be our first real usage of the Menzerna polishes and I will jewel the surface with PO85RD. I normally use PB2.5 and then PB1.0 to jewel the finish for sealants but on the Black 39 Ford I use VM/RMG then my favorite Souveran as a LSP. This is a typical street rod that has been cleanup at home then driven to shows and QD has been used to clean it again, lots of small swirls in the paint. Not sure what LSP I will be using on this one but kind of been wanting to try Natty Blue and see what it looks like. There is not any metallic in the paint so I don’t think sealant would produce the best look and it looks like it has about 6 to 10 coats of clear.. Maybe AIO/Natty Blue or RMG/Natty Blue. What do you think?

bigron
03-10-2006, 04:59 AM
Beautiful cars. If we drove on the other side of the road I would ship ones like those tomorrow!

FloridaNative
08-12-2006, 06:48 PM
I love the blue corvette. That's my favorite one. The paint is just so pretty and perfect for the style of the car. Such beautiful vehicles you have there Dennis.

GearHead_1
08-12-2006, 07:08 PM
I figured FloridaNative would have said what cars with that particular store in the background. :D j/k of course.

FloridaNative
08-12-2006, 07:22 PM
hahahhahahaha Ya'll act like I'm a lush or something! lol The truth is I hardly ever drink. If I have one drink in a month that would be alot for me. But when I do have a drink it's usually rum. :)

GearHead_1
08-12-2006, 07:30 PM
O.K. it was just for snickers already. ;)

Surfer
08-12-2006, 07:47 PM
You have no idea how much I want that black 39' lol, like a tease everytime I see a pic:D

dennish
08-13-2006, 11:15 AM
I love the blue corvette. That's my favorite one. The paint is just so pretty and perfect for the style of the car. Such beautiful vehicles you have there Dennis.

That car attracks more girls...it is in the back of our warehouse with stuff that is going to finish installing next week. With the sub triple digits weather it will be time to get the vettes out and do some detailing and cursin....:D Thanks for the comments!!

Reddwarf
08-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Your cars are stunning! Spring cleaning? No spring here in North Texas; over 100 every day this week :(

Today's heat index is forcasted to be 105 degrees. No detailing for me today :mad: