PDA

View Full Version : Product for Suede Head Liner?

Gary Sword
12-24-2006, 07:59 AM
My Lamborghini has a suede head liner. I have never put anything on it and I'm not sure if I should. Does anyone have any experience with products for suede?

Totoland Mach
12-24-2006, 08:18 AM
Do you have dirt or staining on the headliner? Or, just dust/lint? If it's just dust or lint, I would recommend those adhesive coated rollers for clothes. I use them all the time on BMW rear window trays and the fabric gaskets for doors on those cars. Works like a champ!

I can check with the BMW shop owner for a recommendation for suede that has dirt or staining and get back to you. He is literally my "professor" LOL.

Totoland Mach

Gary Sword
12-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Do you have dirt or staining on the headliner? Or, just dust/lint? If it's just dust or lint, I would recommend those adhesive coated rollers for clothes. I use them all the time on BMW rear window trays and the fabric gaskets for doors on those cars. Works like a champ!

I can check with the BMW shop owner for a recommendation for suede that has dirt or staining and get back to you. He is literally my "professor" LOL.

Totoland Mach

As of now the head liner is in perfect condition. I know suede will stain easy so I would like to do all I can to keep it that way. Both Lamborghini and Ferrari offer mostly suede interiors as an option. I would never get a suede interior and would have rather had the leather head liner. I would think there must be some product to protect the suede if they are doing suede seats and dashboards.

The adhesive coated roller for clothes is a good idea. I have one of those but I have never thought about using it on my car. Any sugguestions you have on maintaining the suede would be greatly appeciated.

Thanks!
Gary

Truls
12-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Lamborghini......................drowl, slurp

How about some pics.......please

supercharged
12-24-2006, 10:10 AM
Lamborghini......................drowl, slurp

How about some pics.......please
Yeah, I want some pictures too. Detailed Lamborghini, please.

Reddwarf
12-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Check out his gallery. Some great pictures of his Lambo.

The lint roller is a great idea! I know there is a spray product you can use on shoes, but I'd be afraid to put that on a Lambo headliner.

Gary Sword
12-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Here is one picture. There are more pictures on my AG Gallary. Hay Reddwarf, thanks for the nice rating. The picture you use of your Jag is very nice.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Gallardo1m.jpg

Reddwarf
12-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Gary,

If I ever come to Florida I want a ride!

Gary Sword
12-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Gary,

If I ever come to Florida I want a ride!

Sure I'll give you a ride if you come to Cape Coral. Anyone who listens to classic rock and jazz is ok with me. It's a fun car to drive.

Totoland Mach
12-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Absolutely stunning! I detailed a Countach in very bad paint condition earlier this summer. Spent 2 full days trying to correct paint that was destroyed by a previous detailer (pics in my gallery).

Gee, about that ride: I can use my Delta points and hand-deliver a lint roller for a ride! And classic rock...I'm there!

Have a great one! Wish we had your weather, but I'm not complaining at 50 degree's and sun here in KC. I'm working on another Bimmer detail (nothing new there...I do 2 per week)

Totoland Mach

Reddwarf
12-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Sure I'll give you a ride if you come to Cape Coral. Anyone who listens to classic rock and jazz is ok with me. It's a fun car to drive.

Sweet! I'll bring some tunes! :o

JSR
12-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Yoooooooo BabYYYYYYYYYY!!!
Who needs tunes when you can make that sing?

noname5
12-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Yoooooooo BabYYYYYYYYYY!!!
Who needs tunes when you can make that sing?

exactly, all the music you need is already sitting in the car right behind ya :awesome:

heh, I also enjoy classic rock and definitely jazz! :D

But as to the OP, I have a feeling 303 Fabric Guard won't work on suede... however, if there is something that works on suede, maybe you can use that?

The only question would be how to apply it then. Sure you could spray it, but being the headliner, you will obviously end up with problems involving raining protectant everywhere else in the car except the headliner. I'm also not sure how effective wiping it with a towel sprayed with protectant would be.

Gary Sword
12-25-2006, 07:30 AM
Absolutely stunning! I detailed a Countach in very bad paint condition earlier this summer. Spent 2 full days trying to correct paint that was destroyed by a previous detailer (pics in my gallery).

Gee, about that ride: I can use my Delta points and hand-deliver a lint roller for a ride! And classic rock...I'm there!

Have a great one! Wish we had your weather, but I'm not complaining at 50 degree's and sun here in KC. I'm working on another Bimmer detail (nothing new there...I do 2 per week)

Totoland Mach

I saw the red Countach you did on your Gallary a while back. It looked like the clear coat was completely gone in a few places. It's a shame the paint was so bad on such a classic car. I have an 85 vette I purchased new 22 years ago and the paint still looks like new. I had a chance to drive a Countach a few years back. I love the way it looks but drives like a truck. My friend deals in exotic cars. He currently has a Murclelago I took for a drive.

Sure come down to Cape Coral and we can take out the Lambo. My parrents had a party last night with some family and friends. It was very warm with most people outside (some in shorts) on my parrent's linai with the ceiling fans on. The party is going to continue at my house latter today. I think it suppose to cool down some later this week.

Keep up the good work. I have checked out a lot of the cars you have done. I think a saw a yellow Ferrari 360 you did with AIO. I just purchased some AIO last week. I have a Dodge Caravan I leave outside that has been getting some bad water spots from my sprinkler system. I put some AIO on the windows to see if it would help protect it against future water spots. I had a lot of trouble getting the water spots off the windows. After hearing some sugguestions from the forum I tried swirl remover on the windows and it worked pretty good. I have a 24' enclosed car trailer I'm also going to try the AIO on.

If you come up with anything to protect the suede, please let me know. I appreciate your comments. Have a great Christmas.

Gary

Gary Sword
12-25-2006, 07:31 AM
Sweet! I'll bring some tunes! :o

Hi Reddwarf, I'll see you in Florida. Have a great Christmas.