PDA

View Full Version : back in business

jamores23
02-23-2011, 09:13 AM
ok, i am back to do some more detailing. I would like to say whats up to harleyguy, nrengle, raskyr1, D&D auto detailing, joshs09silverbullet, and akimel. ALL of you were a great help when i first started up and I thank you guys very much. Its been about 2 years since i've done any detailing i was busy with some things. and i got a few cars lined up to do and i don't remember EVERYTHING but I do remember alot. I got a 2003 gmc envoy dark blue that needs some serious paint correction. the entire car has water spots etched into the C.C. and spider web all over the place. i know i have to wash, clay, rewash, isp wipedown, (rewash?) compound/polish, isp wipedown, (rewash?) then seal/wax. I have a dewalt rotary, menzerna sip, super finish, and po85rd. I got lc pads red, green, orange, black, white, and the purple foam wool pad. i also have PB natty boy blue wax, and wolfgang fuzion wax, and wolfgang paintsealant 3.0. as for microfiber towels im going to have to order some more i dont know what happen to them :/. what do you guys recommend I do?? Ive also been thinking about getting a FLEX polisher how would this benefit me compared to the rotary?? ALSO, if someone has aftermarket rims such as hres, asantis, etc... can i use my inner wheel brush to clean the inside part of them its a stiff brush and im scared it will damage the wheels. What would be a safe degreaser to use on those kind of rims? whats a good polisher for wheels and sealant?? I also got a lexus ISF lined up for some minor paint correction its black, along with a 2010 chevy malibu dark blue, and a mercedes e350 2010 that needs some paint correction. i need to make a order for somethings, i was looking into a steamer "vapor chief " for interior anyone know how much it cost?? :buffing: any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you guys!

jamores23
02-23-2011, 03:53 PM
im also having a bit of trouble removing poorboy natty wax blue it seems to just keep smearing as i wipe down. some of the car was in the sun and the rest wasn't.

jamores23
02-24-2011, 09:25 AM
also when doing a paint correction over rock chips will the machine bite the chips and possibly burn the paint or mess up the pad?

jamores23
02-28-2011, 08:06 PM
no help?? :/

Setec Astronomy
02-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Um...where to start...I think you're doing too many IPA wipedowns. If you're competent with a rotary, a Flex 3401 won't do anything for you. As for towels, I generally find the Cobras to be a bit overpriced, (but good if you can get them on BOGO), however, the new hemmed edge ones seem fairly priced. If your brush is so stiff you're scared you'll scratch something, get a softer brush, like a Daytona. You can use any APC for degreasing wheels, but Optimum Power Clean is supposed to be especially good for that. As far as polish and sealant for wheels, I generally use the same products as for paint...if you're talking about chromed wheels use a metal polish...you can use a dedicated wheel sealant, they seem to be ok. I don't know the price of a vapor chief. Sometimes those beauty waxes like Natty's can leave some oily streaking behind, I think someone here called it "sweating". On a factory paint job, usually polishing over chips is fine...on a repaint maybe not. Hope that was some help--and I got it all in one paragraph just like you did :D

jamores23
02-28-2011, 08:51 PM
ok but the menz line up i would be using sip, super finish and po85rd it would be in that order?? i know i would use the least aggressive approach as possible. i think the problem with the wax removal was my towels were getting to gunked up and i only have 2 of them i have to order some more. but thanks for your input setec astronomy!! its greatly appreciated.

Harleyguy
02-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Welcome back where too start is the hard part .Alot has changed since you left the forum . One of the top products now is Meguiars 105/205 that combo will knock your socks off .Also another product that was just released and is getting great reviews is the Meguiars Micro Fiber system . You can use the 105 with the new system but they also devolped a new compound that is used with the Micro Fiber pads .The only down side so far is the MF system doesn't work it's best with a Flex but shines when it comes to a PCXP/ GG/ G100V2 / .Do some ready up on these two products you will be glad you did .

jamores23
03-01-2011, 08:22 AM
ohh so MG stepped up a bit huh :) whats up adam hows everything?? still got the vette? i hope all is well with you. im going to make a order i need some pads, MF towels, and some wax. whats your recommendation ? i been thinking about jumping on a flex but ive been reading theres no need for it if your good with a rotary?

jamores23
03-03-2011, 10:52 AM
??