PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question

Cman8
02-23-2011, 01:09 AM
How long do you take between stages normally
i.e. after compound how long before you polish? after polish how long to glaze or wax? etc.

Kristopher1129
02-23-2011, 01:16 AM
i.e. after compound how long before you polish? after polish how long to glaze or wax? etc.

I don't typically give much time between compound and polish. Only the amount of time it takes to wipe the surface clean before polish. Same thing between polish and wax/seal. The only time I wait a while...is between wax/seal, and removal.

It really depends on the what type of wax/sealant I'm using. They all have their own instructions. But regardless of the instructions. I always like to let wax, or sealants sit at least a half hour. A lot of times, if I have the vehicle over night...I'll let the wax or seal sit till morning. Plus, it's an excuse for me to leave early, ha. :xyxthumbs:

Cman8
02-23-2011, 01:19 AM
Cool thanks, Was just wondering if I needed to wait between stages but it seems like I dont unless I want to do a second coat from what Ive read about waxes and sealants. Thanks again

Kristopher1129
02-23-2011, 01:24 AM
Cool thanks, Was just wondering if I needed to wait between stages but it seems like I dont unless I want to do a second coat from what Ive read about waxes and sealants. Thanks again

Well with waxes and sealants you should always wait. You wanna let them cure to the paint. Some waxes/sealants don't even mention whether you should wait or not. But IMO...you always should. :xyxthumbs:

jimmyjam
02-23-2011, 05:22 AM

There's no need to wait between compound/polish, or polish/wax. Now different waxes call for different methods of removal. There's some waxes you must allow a "cure" time usually when it becomes a chalky/powdery, and others call for WOWO Wipe on Wipe off w/out a set curing time.

tuscarora dave
02-23-2011, 05:37 AM
Then you have your WOWA or wipe on walk away sealants. I'll be ordering my first WOWA sealant this Friday so I don't have any insight into how they work other than what I've read here. "They" say they work great. We'll see.