PDA

View Full Version : microfiber drying!!!!!

trhland
12-24-2006, 07:09 AM
how are you guys drying your microfiber towels ?? i just bought some form autogeek. and washed them in the microfiber rejuvinater cleaner.then hung them to dry i heard this is the best way. but it seems like its going to take a week for them to dry. i heard you can dry them in the dryer but not recommended.

Gary Sword
12-24-2006, 07:25 AM
After washing I put mine in the dryer for about 10 minutes on low temp then I take them out and hang to up to finish drying. They will usually be completely dry about 2-3 hours after hanging them up.

trhland
12-24-2006, 07:41 AM
good idea !! im going to do that now thanks!!

trhland
12-24-2006, 08:18 AM
christmas eve and im worried about drying my microfibers.what a life i lead:D :D :D :righton:

justin_murphy
12-24-2006, 08:34 AM
I have some MF towels that are over 6 months old. I wash them with Woolite and warm water on the Regular cycle. I sometimes add a cup of APC if they are bad. They may also get an extra rinse cycle. I then dry them on on LOW heat until dry.

Remember, NO fabric softner and keep you glass towels seperated from the other.

trhland
12-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Thanks Justin. By The Way Is It A Good Idea After I Wash Them To Wash Them Again In Just Plain Water???

supercharged
12-24-2006, 10:22 AM
I have some MF towels that are over 6 months old. I wash them with Woolite and warm water on the Regular cycle. I sometimes add a cup of APC if they are bad. They may also get an extra rinse cycle. I then dry them on on LOW heat until dry.

Remember, NO fabric softner and keep you glass towels seperated from the other.

Huh?

Feed back please

ScottB
12-24-2006, 10:32 AM
I wash my glass waffle weaves, my drying waffle weaves, and all other micro's together. That said, I only use the Microrestore products specifically and all towels are still considered new. The problem with washing them together could be the use of store laundry detergents that are not removing all dirt, oils, and contaminents thus depositing them on glass towels.

As for drying ... I use my dryer on the no heat tumble setting. I add in my dryer balls and let them go. They still look new after numerous uses.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Corvette_Parts_003.jpg

Waxmax
12-24-2006, 11:07 AM
I follow Killr's procedure...use Microfiber Restore and wash both the MFs and WWs together, then go with low dryer setting....and of course no fabric softener. Towels come out fluffy and like new. I am a believer in the Micro Fiber Restore for your good towels.

The real dirty ones I pre scrub with some APC and then wash separate from the others. The bad ones (can't get clean any longer) go to the "rag bag" and are washed with reg. detergent from then on.

Reddwarf
12-24-2006, 11:14 AM
I follow Killr's procedure...use Microfiber Restore and wash both the MFs and WWs together, then go with low dryer setting....and of course no fabric softener. Towels come out fluffy and like new. I am a believer in the Micro Fiber Restore for your good towels.

The real dirty ones I pre scrub with some APC and then wash separate from the others. The bad ones (can't get clean any longer) go to the "rag bag" and are washed with reg. detergent from then on.

What he said ... :iagree:

CalgaryDetail
12-24-2006, 12:34 PM
I throw all my dirt mf in the wash, i add some liquid tide and a few oz of the micro restore (depending on load size). This seams to get them nice and clean and feeling soft. From here i throw them in the dryer, put it on regular setting, dont add a dryer sheet. And dry them. They always coem out nicley and look and feel great

Surfer
12-24-2006, 01:05 PM
When I'm ready to wash the towels, I grab a couple buckets and fill with hot water and some tide liquid free and some apc/citrus degreaser. I let sit for a day or two and then throw in the wash, the hot water and products cuts through whatever is in the towels and releases it. Then I just throw in the washer with some Tide Liquid Free and dry on low heat or tumble, usually still damp so I'll let air dry. Before putting them back in the container. My Cobras and Pakshak towels are fine, even the Vroom micros I grabbed at Target are holding up fine and I got those back in April.